Chapter 25

Chapter 25

●●●

A bit longer turned out to be a lot shorter than Yoongi had expected because the next morning Jungkook called again.

Yoongi had just been in the process of slipping into his ripped jeans when his phone lit up. Jungkook hardly called in the morning, especially not when they had talked for at least two hours the day before. So he picked up as quickly as he could.

"Jungkook? Everything okay?"

The boy on the other end sounded tired, his voice a bit rough. He must have just woken up, Yoongi realized. "Uhm no. Not really. I-" He hesitated, the line falling silent for a couple of seconds before Jungkook spoke again. "I think I might be going into rut?"

Yoongi found himself taking the train back to his parent's house.

Today had been the first day he'd ever even heard anything about Jungkook having something like a wolf's mating cycle.

"Rut? Like wolves have?" Jungkook hadn't told him about this.

"Yeah, a rut. I feel a bit feverish and your room is so empty without you and it's just... a feeling. Maybe I'm just getting a cold but I doubt it." Jungkook explained, his voice still sounding coarse. "I don't expect you to sleep with me... actually I really don't want that during my rut because I might hurt you accidentally, but.. could you please come? I-I feel really lonely right now."

Jungkook had been crying. Not that he would have admitted it, but Yoongi knew he'd been. It was plain obvious.

So now here he was, on the train, because who cared about uni when Jungkook was feeling this bad. All he wanted was to be there for his boyfriend.

The whole ride felt way longer than it usually did. He called Jungkook again just to make sure the boy was okay, but that only made him feel more on edge. His whole body was screaming at him to hurry up... get to Jungkook quicker, but there wasn't much he could do while just sitting there.

Only when he finally reached his parents' house it actually hit him, he was finally going to see Jungkook again. He hadn't even told his parents that he was coming. Not that they were going to complain. Yoongi was always welcome here.

Nevertheless, he ignored his parents' house for now and instead made his way over to the shed.

When he opened the door the first thing he noticed was that his room had barely changed compared to the last time he had been here. Which was a huge difference to the way it normally was because usually he'd have to prepare everything, like pulling the bed cover off his bed, but there was no need for that this time.

Jungkook was peacefully sleeping in his bed, blankets tightly wrapped around him. Yoongi carefully closed the door behind him, setting his stuff down on the floor before sitting down on the edge of the bed, taking a close look at Jungkook.

And there he was. The prettiest boy in the world in the same room with him again. Finally. If he wanted to reach out and touch him he could have... but he didn't want to wake the boy up, so instead, he pulled his phone out of his pocket, enjoying the room's silence.

He sent Hobi and Namjoon a short message about having spontaneously decided to visit his parents and that he'd hunt both of them down if they trashed the apartment, before also informing his parents that he was planning on visiting.

They didn't have to know he was here yet. First, he wanted to have some time alone with Jungkook.

After about ten minutes Jungkook started moving next to him, his nostrils twitching as he curled his body up even more into a ball. And then he opened his eyes and it really hit Yoongi just how much he had missed Jungkook.