08. Keep her safe

The flight to Queens was silent and the car ride was even quieter as Happy drove the Audi Tony had sent him with to pick up Mary and Becca on the outskirts of the city

The flight to Queens was silent and the car ride was even quieter as Happy drove the Audi Tony had sent him with to pick up Mary and Becca on the outskirts of the city. The mother knew this would be hard on both of them, but the relief she also felt was immense. Her daughter would be safe from the looming threat of Ultron and also get to finally experience what life for a normal teenager her age goes through.

"Do you know your cover story, sweetheart?" Mary asks Becca quietly. The daughter was to pose as Steve's adopted daughter from Russia, she could easily pull off the needed accent and language.

"Yes, Mama. I'm Sofia Rogers, adopted daughter of Steven Grant Rogers. I was in captivity until Steve found me on a mission he was on in Russia. I don't know what the outside world is like due to being in captivity for so long." Becca replies, "Do i have to hide my abilities?" She asks.

Mary nods slowly, "Yes, it's to keep you safe. Perhaps someone in your new school is bullying someone, you want to stop it but you can't because if you showed your strength, you'd be assumed to be like Uncle Steve and your Papa. Which would put you in a lot of danger."

"I see." Becca murmurs under her breath, watching the buildings go by as Happy continued to drive to the apartment where the Parker family lived in Queens.

"Thank you for driving us, Happy." Mary says as she looks up from the backseat, looking at the back of his head. She had known the driver and head of Stark Industries security since he was hired by Pepper, the two had become close friends over time since she would often be with him and Tony, seeing as the former CEO would want his Mama Ree protected at all times if she were out.

"Any time, Mary. I'm always to drive you where you need to go. And i'm especially happy to finally meet the famous Becca Barnes."

Becca tilts her head, "You know me?" She ask the driver curiously.

Happy chuckles, "Sure do. Mr. Stark and Mary have been looking for you for decades, i'm glad that they were able to find you. I'm sure that where we're going is in your best interest."

Becca sighs, fidgeting with the edge of her braids as the car rolls to a stop, she looks out the window, seeing a tall brick building, "Is this where they live? It's so big." She whispers.

Happy climbs out, rounding the front of the car to open the door for them, smiling, "It's called an apartment complex, lots of people live in one building." He explains as the mother and daughter duo climb out of the back seat.

"Oh." Becca mumbles quietly, "Do they all know each other?" She asks, receiving a short laugh from the bodyguard and a shake of his head.

"Not usually." Happy replies.

Mary opens the trunk and pulls out a suitcase that Happy had packed full of new clothes for her daughter per Tony's request. She sets it on the sidewalk and looks at her daughter, "Happy will wait here while we go up to their floor." She tells Becca, waving at Happy as Mary presses the buzzer to the Parker's apartment.