27. Does She Speak English?

Mary taps her cuffs and they slide over her fingers with ease, the nanites in the cuffs working to form gloves to hold the repulsers Mary was so used to using by now

Mary taps her cuffs and they slide over her fingers with ease, the nanites in the cuffs working to form gloves to hold the repulsers Mary was so used to using by now. She watches from the ground as Okoye grabs the wig she was wearing and throw it at one of the assailants. She moves her spear with ease and slides her spear between one of the men's legs, launching him over the balcony railing and onto a roulette table behind where Mary and T'Challa stand.

T'Challa turns his head to face the onset of commotion as Mary watches Ross lift the briefcase in front of his face to deflect the bullets Klaue begins to fire. "Wakandans! They're here!" Mary hears Klaue shout to his people.

The king grabs his advisor and pulls her into a squatting position to deflect the rain of bullets coming towards them. Mary looks over, seeing Ross as she grabs his arm, pulling him to where they're taking cover. Klaue is shouting out orders towards his people as one rushes towards the tipped poker table Mary, Ross and T'Challa are hiding. Mary exchanges a look at T'Challa and her king nods. She then moves to stick her heeled foot out, tripping the thug and giving T'Challa the opening he needs as another thug comes up and he turns quickly, disarming the thug and then kicking the man across the room into a table. She quickly acts and fires her repulser at the thug she had tripped, sending him skidding across the room, colliding with a few of his own people.

Ross looks at Mary as he pulls his own gun out, she feels his eyes on her as she commands the necklace Shuri had given her to shield her as she stands up from her cover spot. She ducks quickly as she sends out two more repulser blasts towards on-comers advancing towards her. Her eyes then find T'Challa fighting two men, taking them down with ease it seems. She can hear the sound of bullets colliding with the force shield the necklace is giving out which only makes her smile briefly. When T'Challa looks over, he sighs quickly in relief, knowing she and the baby will be okay. Mary moves out of the way, taking cover behind a pillar as she spots Nakia removing her heels and using them as weapons against her attackers. She then looks up from where she is hiding, seeing three men on the balcony.

She steps out of her cover and fires repulser blasts at the three men, watching them fall to the ground. She then side steps out of the way as a man falls to the ground with pieces of the balcony. Okoye, she simply thinks with a smirk playing on her lips as she then looks up to see Okoye launching herself off the balcony and onto another attacker, her spear collides with his chest harshly and she then stands, whacking a man behind her with her spear.

Mary gasps as she sees two more men coming towards Okoye while she's busy with another thug. She thinks quickly, she feels her anklets take form around her heels to give her flight and she begins to run. She steps onto a thug with her heeled feet and launches herself into the air, she stabilizes herself as she fires repulser blasts at the men behind Okoye. She lands behind Okoye and the general smirks at her aide. The two bend around each other as they fight against the oncoming thugs around them. Mary blasts flashes at the men, stunning them just enough for Okoye to knock them out with her spear.