26. Scars

Busan, South Korea

Busan, South Korea

The sleek black car pulls up into an alleyway as Nakia shuts the engine off and steps out of the driver's side. Okoye files out of the passenger side of the car as T'Challa steps out of the backseat, extending his hand for Mary to grasp onto. The advisor smiles in thanks as she steps out of the backseat, her golden dress falls to the ground as she stands in her heels on the pavement. The dress is vibrainium infused silk that T'Challa and Shuri had made especially for Mary. They wanted to ensure the safety of her and the baby growing within her. Her burgundy short hair is curled with crystal hairpins pushing her hair out of her eyes. The dress is backless, and T'Challa can't help but stare at what his panther claws caused. Mary's claw scars down her back were still healing but they were able to be free from the bandages now thanks to Shuri and Evelyn. She wasn't ashamed of her scars, Mary felt as if they were a warning to those around her. That she suffered such an injury and is stronger because of it.

The golden cuffs Shuri had made for Mary adorned her wrists and the ruby stud necklace graced her empty neckline. She proudly wore her wedding band and engagement ring on her ring finger of her left hand. She belonged to James Buchanan Barnes and he belonged to her. It caused her to smile as she wrapped an arm around T'Challa's as they walked to where Nakia was leading them.

"Why the smile?" T'Challa asks amused.

"I just wonder what James would say if he saw me in this dress, all dolled up." She comments, "There wont be pictures and if a fight breaks out, the dress probably wont survive."

T'Challa shakes his head, "If a fight does ensue, your dress will preserve. That is why Shuri infused vibrainium." He tells her, "We will have the Sergeant see you in this dress."

Mary laughs softly, smiling at T'Challa, "I probably wont fit into it when he comes out of the ice."

"The usana." Baby  T'Challa agrees, "We will find a way." He states, hellbent it seems on Bucky being able to see his wife in the dress she currently wears.

"Bast willing this will go quickly and i can get this-" Okoye whips the wig she wears, trying to get the hair out of her eyes, "-ridiculous thing off my head."

Nakia smirks, "It looks nice. Just whip it back and forth."

Okoye raises an eyebrow in confusion as Mary chuckles under her breath, "What? It's a disgrace." She grumbles as Nakia greets a woman vendor in Korean.

The woman, Sophia, eyes T'Challa, Okoye and Mary suspiciously. Mary shifts her footing in her heels subconsciously from being under watchful eyes. "이 세 사람은 누구입니까?" Who are these three?  She asks in her native language. Mary looks over at the woman, she knows to let Nakia speak for them even though she knows Korean as well.

"케냐와 남아프리카에서 온 친구들." My friends from Kenya and South Africa.  Nakia explains to Sophia, then she leans forward towards the woman, "매우 깊은 주머니. 그들은 좋다." Very deep pockets. They're good.  She adds with a smile. Mary understands why Nakia was so good at being a spy, it came naturally for her like it did Natasha.