28. Another Broken White Boy

Mary watches intently as Ross begins his interrogation of Klaue

Mary watches intently as Ross begins his interrogation of Klaue. The crazed man was still singing before Ross cleared his throat. But what she expected to hear from the smuggler was exactly what she heard. Over the few years she was involved with Wakandan affairs she had read up on Klaue. Before the fallout with her team and family, she had even talked about Klaue with her son, he had met the smuggler on more than one occasion and she wanted to know all there was about the man sitting in front of her strapped to a chair by duck-tape.

"You know, you really shouldn't trust the Wakandans. I'm much more your speed." Klaue states casually.

"I don't trust anybody, not in this job." Ross replies simply. "But what i am interested in is that arm cannon out there. Where'd you get that?" He asks the smuggler.

Klaue shrugs, "It's an old mining tool that I made adjustments to. But I could get you one, if you like." He says with a slight smirk on his lips.

"Why don't you give me the name of your supplier, and i'll ask them." Ross asks.

Mary tenses in her chair as her hazel eyes trail up to T'Challa and Okoye. "Does Ross not know?" She asks quietly. T'Challa shakes his head in response and all the advisor can do is watch as the smuggler in the other room tells Ross Wakanda's secrets.

"He's right outside. Why don't you ask him yourself?"

"What? T'Challa?" Ross questions, Mary knows he doesn't believe it for a second, no one would if they were told the truth about what Wakanda actually is as a nation and what they possess, the lie was always more believable. "You're telling me that the weapon on your arm is from Wakanda?"

Klaue winks, smirking as he nods, "Bingo." Ross leans back in his chair across from the smuggler as he crosses his arms, still not believing it but willing to listen. "What do you actually know about Wakanda?"

Ross glances up at the ceiling as he thinks, "Umm... Shepards, textiles, cool outfits."

"It's all a front." Klaue states, "Explorers searched for it for centuries. El Dorado, the Golden City. They thought they could find it in South America, but it was in Africa the whole time. A technological marvel. All because it was built on a mound of the most valuable metal known to man." The smuggler explains. Mary hesitates as she listens, Klaue knew his history and he knew it well. "Isipho, they call it. The gift. Vibranium."

Ross nods, "Vibranium, yeah, strongest metal on Earth." He agrees.

Klaue chuckles, "The little doctor outside would know. She's been around it her whole life. But it's not just a metal. They sow it into their clothes. It powers their city, their tech, their weapons."

Ross glances at the double paned window, Mary hesitates, she places her hand on her stomach to attempt to calm her nerves. Though the secrets of herself and her family were out in the open now, she still didn't know how many people actually put the pieces together, like Klaue did. He knew Steve's shield was vibranium, and she had been around it since she was twenty-one. She watches as Ross then looks back at Klaue, "Weapons?"