Backstage

⚠ Mentions of Abuse ⚠
⚠ Mention of Sexual Assault ⚠

Fem!Reader x Joker

Murray had been talking all day about the guest he'd be featuring today.

That poor guy he had broadcasted earlier this week was going to be humiliated on live television again, but this time he'd actually be here.

(Y/n) felt slightly disgusted by the host's plans, but hey, she just worked behind the scenes to make sure all guests had a snack and felt calm before hitting the stage.

Mike, the guy who was in charge of the curtains and lighting casted her a curious glance.

"Have you met our guest, yet?"

"No." (Y/n) perked up. "Is he here already?"

"I think so. Murray went to go check on him with Ted."

"Oh. Alright."

"You be careful." The brun man with glasses gave her a fatherly look and (Y/n) nodded.

Mike had taken her under his wings when she first started working for Murray. 

Something about, you can't do one thing forever. You'll get replaced if you don't have a variety of skills...and she was always earnest to learn.

So, Mike trained her how to do camera work and censoring during their down time.

(Y/n) grabbed a platter with assorted fruits and cheeses with a pitcher of water before quickly making her way down the hall.

"AH! There she is!"

(Y/n) nearly dropped the food she was carrying at the sudden shout. "..."

Her eyes focused on Ted, Murray, and a man in a red suit with green hair and clown makeup on.

They were all staring at her.

Murray seemed to be forcing on a grin and Ted looked irritated.

The man behind them seemed to be admiring her before he locked eyes with her and pulled on a grin.

(Y/n) recognized the clown's features as she got closer.

"Sir?" She arched her brow at Murray. "Since when were we inviting political guests-?"

"THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I'VE BEEN TRYING TO SAY!" Ted snapped, a blood vessel was bound to rupture with how stressed he seemed to be.

"Don't encourage him." Murray grumbled.

(Y/n) offered an apologetic smile before looking over the clown. "Well, he looks like a charming fellow."

"DON'T ENCOURAGE HIM EITHER." Ted scowled.

(Y/n) flinched at his tone and immediately regretted it.

Before Ted or Murray could make a comment Mike came up from behind her.

"Hey! I need you on the set now! We gotta do some test shots and make sure you can read your lines."