Batshit (I)

Male!Batman!Reader x Joker

"Are you really taking me back to Arkham?"

"Yes."

"Such a party pooper!"

(Y/n) glared at the handcuffed man sitting in his passenger seat before refocusing on the road.

"How many times are we going to keep doing this, Joker?"

"You and I both know, you know the answer to that stupid question."

"..." His knuckles tightened around the steering wheel.

The psychotic clown had bombed a bank and killed over 20 people earlier today, after breaking out of Arkham.

(Y/n) couldn't tell if it was a cry for his attention or just his sick way of having fun.

Perhaps both.

"You can't really be surprised, either."

"..."

"This is how things naturally are."

"You killed 20 people, Arthur-"

"Oh so nowwwww I'm Arthur." He laughed. "(Y/n), are you finally warming up to me?"

"No."

"Yeah you are!"

"I'm not. Now stop changing the subject." He snapped. "Why did you kill all of those innocent people?"

"You know I get bored in Arkham." He twitched a little. "Besides....you promised to visit me."

"..."

"I've been growing very impatient, (Y/n) Wayne."

"We both know I can't juggle Gotham, these other villains, and you all at the same time."

"Then just take care of me."

"That's selfish."

"Would you prefer I tell everyone that we're dating on national television?"

"ARTHUR."

The clown fell into a laughing fit before pressing his face against the window, smearing his make up intentionally.

"GET OFF THE WINDOW."

Arthur licked the window playfully before laughing as his face got smashed into the window by the irritated dark knight. "You know I like it rough, Batsy." He moaned playfully, causing the man to pull away before refocusing on the road again.

"Such a pain." (Y/n) grumbled.

An irritated silence settled between them, the irritation radiating off the (h/c) man, making the green haired clown feel obligated to confess.

"Those people I killed..."

"..."

"They weren't good people."

"..."

"You know I've tried not to target too many good people."

"If I lived by your code, you'd be dead."

"I would not."

"..."

"You and I are one in the same."

"No we aren't. I. Don't. Kill."

"Sure you don't." Joker started laughing hysterically before turning to look at his face print on the window, a little blood from his nose was smeared in with the white paint. "You can't honestly believe that all the henchmen you beat the shit out of, walk away alive."