Flu Season (Last Chapter)

Fem!Reader x Arthur/Joker

Arthur moaned softly, the feeling of gentle fingers playing in his hair waking him from his deep slumber.

Yawning, the brun buried his face into the source of warmth, exhaling happily as the petting continued.

"Good morning, Arthur."

Sleepy green eyes locked with (e/c).

"Good morning (Y/n)."

"How'd you sleep?"

"Pretty good." He sighed. "I'm sorry if I was crushing your legs...or anything."

"It's fine, Arthur."

He offered a small smile. "Are you feeling any better?"

"Yeah." She exhaled softly. "I don't know how I'm going to pay for all of this."

"You're not."

"Huh?"

"Gary and I covered it all."

"What- I-" she groaned. "Now I owe you guys-"

"You don't owe us anything."

"Yes I do. I bet paying for my medical bill put a dent in both of your bank accounts."

"That doesn't concern you."

"YES IT DOES!"

"Why are you so against letting people help you?"

"This is Gotham. People don't just do things without expecting something in return."

"(Y/n)."

"..."

The monitor was screaming from her increased heart rate, attracting a nurse.

"What's going on in here?" A black woman who looked to be kissing her mid-50s, stood in the door way, her hands on her hips, and silvering pincurls framing her face.

Arthur sighed. "She's just a little flustered."

"Speak for yourself."

"Do you want us to unpay the bill, (Y/n)?" Arthur sounded defeated.

"YES! I NEVER ASKED YOU OR ANYONE FOR ANY HELP."

"Hey! Look who's up!" Everyone turned to face Gary who was covered in snow. "How are you (Y/n)?"

"I can't believe you two paid for my medical bill!"

Gary deadpanned. "You told her, didn't you?" He glared at the green eyed man.

Arthur got up, ignoring Gary before walking out of the room.

Gary followed after him. "ARTHUR!"

The nurse frowned as she stared at her patient. "You. Are. An. Idiot."

"How am I an idiot?"

"You've got two friends paying for your medical bill, and you're mad at them for helping."

"..."

"Hundreds of people come in and out of this hospital everyday, and it is extremely rare to see people pitching in to pay off someone's bill."

"..."

"That young man stayed here all night just to make sure you were okay, and you just told him off for helping."

"Look. I don't like owing people..."

"Did he say you owed him something?"

"No."