Batshit (III)

Batman!Male!Reader x Joker

Arthur sat in the library sipping on a cup of hot chocolate as he practiced reading a book.

(Y/n) was always busy these days since he publically announced that he was engaged to someone.

Arthur was that someone, but the people of Gotham didn't know that.

The only person who knew was Alfred, and he wasn't supportive of them at all.

He glanced down at his engagement ring.

If so many people disapproved, why was (Y/n) so motivated to execute their wedding?

Shouldn't he be asking for his engagement ring back?

Arthur sighed at the idea of giving the ring back.

He had bitten Alfred multiple times while he tried to yank his ring off.

The clown stabbed the man in the hand last week as a final warning and he hadn't tried again since. 

The only person who could take his ring away was (Y/n).

And even then, Arthur wasn't entirely sure if he'd give it back without drawing some blood.

He took another sip of his hot chocolate before putting it down on the coffee table before him.

"Is this your new sanctuary?"

A small smile tugged its way on his lips. "Kinda."

He glanced behind him to see the man of his dreams approaching with a warm smile.

The billionaire gently lifted his fiancé up before placing him on his lap, relaxing as they settled into the cream loveseat. They both stared at the bright fire dancing in the stone fireplace, the silence between them comforting.

"How was work?" Arthur looked up at the (e/c)-eyed man.

"Uh- full of paperwork and making sure everything is ready for tonight."

"Oh."

"Which reminds me, are you excited for tonight?"

Arthur sighed.

(Y/n) was hosting a gala to raise funds for orphans in Gotham. The collected money would then be used to create new jobs that would then offer activities and support to struggling youth, to help keep them off the streets.

It was a wonderful idea and Arthur supported (Y/n) 110%.

The only problem was that he was being forced to attend.

To encourage more people to come, (Y/n) had announced that his fiancé would be there.

And the people of Gotham ate it up like Thanksgiving dinner. The news was being supersaturated with articles of who the mysterious and sexy bachelor had ringed up.

All of the articles assumed it was a woman, irking the poor man with  frivolous suggestions of who "she" could be.

Alfred was intentionally leaving news articles around and the tv on, just to harass him.

Arthur couldn't read that well, but he knew what a woman was, how it was spelled, and how it was pronounced.

AND HE WAS NOT ONE.

The shittiest part of it all, was that it was (Y/n)'s fault that he was so distressed. The idiot had made his statement without asking if he was okay with coming out.

(Y/n) had offered to ask Selina to stand in for the clown with the hopes of making his lover happy, but that didn't go too well.

Sure, Arthur forgave him, but now he had no choice but to go.