Harlequin

⚠ Hints of Roughness ⚠

Requested by cucolover69

HarleyQuinn!Fem!Reader! x Joker

(Y/n) had been up all night thinking about her patient.

He wasn't like most of her patients.

Some had lost all sense of humanity, and were now too dangerous to not sedate everyday with a large amount of multicolored pills.

Others had become empty shells of what they had been, unable to respond due to the experiments Dr. Arkham had performed on them or ailments they had prior to being thrown into Arkham.

Arthur Fleck was a breath of fresh air.

He'd respond, laugh, and then fall back into himself.

He was a delicate man, smarter than most people realized. It was kind of scary how observant he was.

But these things, nor his bloody criminal record kept her from loving him.

Foolishly.

She glanced around frantically as she made her way to the security room.

Today, she was going to do something stupid that would more than likely land her in Arkham or prison if she failed to execute it properly.

She clicked her tongue as she grabbed two guns and clipped them on her hip, hiding them with her jacket.

Glancing around she quickly typed into the computer that controlled the security camera system and deactivated all the cameras in the hallways leading to his cell and the one in his cell room.

She quickly logged out before running out of the room, rushing to the stairwell at the end of the hall.

Adrenaline was pumping through her veins, pushing her to move faster.

Once the (h/c) woman got to the clown's floor, she sprinted to his door and unlocked it.

"Hey Puddin'."

"Hello, Dr. (L/n)."

"I've come to break you out."

He gave her a confused look as he slowly approached her.

The chains of his shackles echoing throughout the room before he tilted his muzzled head. "Out?"

"Y-Yeah." She scrambled to take his restraints and muzzle off. "I'm getting you out of here."

"Why?"

"Because I love you."

He laughed, clutching his stomach as he struggled to collect himself. "Love me?"

"It's not funny."

"That's hilarious."

"But I'm being serious."

"Listen, sweetheart, people like you shouldn't fall for people like me."

"Why not?" She asked as they made their way back to the stairwell at the end of the hall.

"I'll ruin you."

Sirens started echoing throughout the building.

The sound of doors locking and heavy footsteps echoing from the bottom of the stairwell, made (Y/n) start running up the stairs. "To the roof."

They were at least 10 levels ahead of the armed guards.

If they were quick enough they'd make it to the roof without getting caught.