Kink (III)

Fem!Reader x Joker

⚠Mild Smut⚠
⚠Mention of Self Harming⚠

(Y/n) woke up to her face in a warm chest and soft breathing. Her stomach was growling but she didn't feel like facing the chilled air beyond the blankets she was buried under.

She gently moved back to see Arthur sleeping peacefully without any paint on.

Last night had been full of playful remarks, soft kisses, and the occasional smack of her ass whenever she was too snarky with him.

(Y/n) didn't mind him being here. She just didn't know what her excuse would be if her boss or coworkers found out that the Joker moved in with her.

He moved himself in.

Last night, actually.

He just came in and refused to leave.

Arthur had proved his ability to be helpful, but that didn't kill the anxiety clouding her mind.

A warm hand rubbed the small of her back, breaking her from her train of thought.

"Good morning, beautiful."

"Are you always going to call me that?"

"Why wouldn't I?"

"Because I'm not beautiful." She snorted.

His forehead wrinkled. "Yes you are."

"No I'm not."

"How are you not?"

"I hate (something you hate about yourself)."

He rolled his eyes. "Bullshit."

"That's my opinion, asshole."

"And you being beautiful is a fact, now shut up and take the compliment."

(Y/n) puffed her cheeks.

He was beginning to inherit her smart mouth and frequent use of profanity- not that he hadn't already done such things.

It was more so the abrasiveness and the lack of an opportunity to say something sparky back that he had managed to take on with ease.

This was why Sophie never let her babysit her kid too often.

Not cursing was hard and talking back was second nature.

"Provide the evidence."

He peeled back the blankets and scooped her off of the bed. "Alright."

"Arthur!" She yelped, desperately trying to take his body heat. "But me down, damn it!"

"No." He kissed her jaw. "Stop squirming before you fall."

She stiffened at that and that earned a concerned look from the man carrying her.

"You been dropped before?"

"..." She stayed silent and let the question fall as he carried her to the bathroom before setting her down carefully. "Why are we in here?"

"Look at yourself."

(Y/n) looked at him in the mirror before seeing her reflection. Her eyes skimmed over herself reluctantly.

"What do you see?" He tilted his head.

"Messy (h/c) hair."

"..."

"Empty (e/c) eyes."

"..."

"A few scars on my (s/c) skin."

Few was an understatement.

Before (Y/n) started working at Arkham Asylum, she had been going through a huge crisis. Her family was suffering and her only method of coping was self-harming. She wasn't exactly proud of it, so she got help.