Family

Request - mercury_Dayzz
Fem!Reader x Arthur

(Y/n) stood outside waiting patiently for her daughter to be released from school.

A smile suddenly appeared on her lips as she watched a little four year old come sprinting out of the building towards her with a group of other kids running behind her towards their own parents.

"Mommy!"

(Y/n) took a knee as she held open her arms, laughing as her daughter came crashing into her arms. "Hey Artemis!" She kissed her daughter on the forehead before gently pulling away. "How was school?"

"Great!" She beamed. "Mrs. Kenobi let us paint today!"

"Really?"

"Yeah!"

"Well can I see it?"

"Not until Daddy is with us."

"Ah. Okay. So it'll be a grand reveal." (Y/n) played around, exaggerating her surprise with a soft gasp. "Alright my little Van Gogh. Let's head home." She smiled as she got up and held out a hand.

The small girl held her mother's hand before they started walking home, Artie waving farewell to her friends and their family as they went on their way.

Once (Y/n) and her daughter got home, she locked the door. "Can you guess what we're having for dinner?"

"Spaghetti!"

"No."

"Tacos?"

"Nope!"

"Chicken nuggets?"

"No." (Y/n) chuckled. "Let me give you a hint."

Artie tilted her head curiously. "..."

"It's a big circle-"

"PIZZA!"

"YEAH!"

"I LOVE PIZZA!"

"Great." She gently pinched her cheeks. "Now go put your stuff away and wash up so that you can be ready when the pizza gets here."

"Gets here?"

"Daddy's bringing it home."

The girl's (e/c) eyes seemed to glow like the sun before she sprinted away.

A soft knock pulled (Y/n) from her focus on her retreating daughter before she headed over and looked through the peephole. Seconds later she unlocked and opened the door.

Arthur stood before her with a box of pizza and plaid bag in tow, with a bit of residual grease-base clown makeup clinging to his face.

"Hey love." He smiled as he entered the house before putting everything down on the kitchen counter, stealing a quick kiss as he pulled his wife in for a warm hug.

(Y/n) hugged him back before softly tilting his head down. "Hey." Her (e/c) eyes sparkled as his green ones got lost in hers. "How was work?"

He exhaled before pressing his forehead against hers. "Could have been worse."

(Y/n) kissed his nose. "Aw. Well I hope tomorrow goes better."

He smiled before kissing her jaw.

"What about you?"

"Eh." She grimaced. "I don't think you want to hear about today." She laughed as she pulled away. "It's science-y stuff."

"If I didn't want to know about science-y stuff, I wouldn't have married an analytical chemist."