Chapter 12: Every person is a "Kate"

The next day, on a tuesday morning, the rain has passed and it became a peaceful and calm day in New York. The students, including Mabby, Lydia, Arzella, Isabel and Minerva, have created their works. They are ready to create a painting of a pot of flowers. Mabby is feeling saddened, missing Kate so much after a argument. They picked up their painting supplies as they started to paint.

"Aww....Still alone without your runaway friend." Arzella teased her as she is creating her work. "Too bad, she's not here with you."

Mabby sighed deeply as she kept painting her work. Lydia stared at her sadly as she kept painting as well. "Are you okay, girl?"

"I'm fine...I still wish that Kate were here with me." she said as she is still painting.

The students kept painting as Mrs. Dorman watches them. The orange butterfly is seen watching from the outside from the school, it watched the students creating their work before leaving. Some hours later, the students are having their lunch, talking to each other and even studying. Mabby is sitting in the Sundial monument, thinking about Kate. She looked up to the clouds, which formed into the shape of the orange butterfly before changing into Kate. "Oh, hell..." she said to herself as she saw two girls talking to each other, imagining themselves to be Kate, the girl with the red hair that she loved. She started imagining Mrs. Dorman talking to another teacher as Kate, also with the red hair. She kept imagining every person as Kate before Lydia showed up, carrying a cup of fruit salad as she noticed her.

 She kept imagining every person as Kate before Lydia showed up, carrying a cup of fruit salad as she noticed her

"Hi, Mabby. What are you doing here all alone?" she asked.

"I don't know, Lydia...I can't stop thinking about the runaway that I met in the campus." said Mabby.

"Oh...You mean Kate?" Lydia continued as she sat in the monument next to her. "The girl that you met?"

"Yeah, of course. The girl with the red hair that I met. I saw her having sex with Tiffany and I ended up forcing her to leave." Mabby picked up a cherry from Lydia's salad with a spoon and ate it.

"When are you going to see her again?" she said as she ate a piece of apple. "I guess that you want to see that girl."

"Yep. Right."

"Kate lived on Ravenswood Houses before she moved to Roosevelt Island."

"Lydia, Kate's the one to me." Mabby explained as she saw the orange butterfly morphing into Kate as she started to remember the moments that she did with her. She remembered the day that she met in the Green Room, the day that she and Kate were outside the School of Visual Arts and the day that they had fun in Washington Square Fountain. She kept remebering some moments like the day that they took a selfie together, the day that they saw the Manhattan Bridge, the view of the city and the night that she spent with her in Smallpox Hospital. The flashback ended as Mabby found herself in surprise. "I guess I gotta go."

"What did you say?"

"I said that I gotta go. I'm gonna see her again." Mabby stood up as she filled herself with confidence. "I gotta go, I'll be right back!" she said as she left the monument in order to see Kate.

"OK! Be right back! And don't forget to tell everything how she left the university!" Lydia smiled as she watched her friend leaving the university.

Mabby prepared to leave the university in order to see Kate. But, Arzella, Isabel and Minerva stopped her from leaving. "Where are you going, slut?"

"I need to see Kate, Arzella!"

"Mabel, just forget her, allright?!"

"Yeah! Forget her!

"Kate's my friend. I need to see her before she goes to another city!"

Arzella didn't care about this. "Bitch, I want you to forget that fucking runaway and leave her behind!"

Mabby pulled out a dildo from her jacket pocket, fed up with Arzella's warnings. "The Blowjob's on you!" she boldly put the dildo at Arzella's mouth before leaving the university. The popular girl, with the sex toy in her mouth tried to remove it as she found herself being laughed by her own classmates. "Kate might be anywhere." she said as she saw a bicycle who presumably belonged to someone else. Later on, Mabby is riding in the bicycle, still in order to go to Roosevelt Island. She went to Columbus Avenue, Manhattan Avenue, West 100th Street on Central Park as she kept riding. The girl found herself on the east 59th Street and went to the First Avenue. She went inside the Queensboro Bridge and crossed on it. On Vernon Boulevard, Mabby waited for the cars passing by. She waited for a little time before proceeding her way. Later, When she arrived on Smallpox Hospital, she found Kate lying on her gurney. She entered in the old hospital as she went to comfort her. "Hi, Kate."

"I don't want you here in the hospital, Mabby. Go away." Kate refused to greet her.

Mabby sighed deeply as she approached the gurney. "I know you want me to leave. But, I need to tell you something."

"You do? Get fucking stuffed." Kate still refused as she put a sheet to cover herself.

"Look, I'm sorry for making you leave the university, I'm sorry for being mad at you and I'm so...sorry."