Mob Business/7

Do you ever get that weird feeling in your stomach when something bad is about to happen? Like, literally. No exaggerating. Something is happening in my tummy, like. . .like it's churning and uneasiness coils around my insides.

Something is terribly wrong.

I rushed to the front door, peeking outside through the window's curtain, and spotted Harry fumbling with his car keys as he tried to unlocked his car, and slid behind the wheel of his overly suspicious black BMW. As he reversed out of the driveway, seconds later three black cars almost the same as Aarib's followed pursuit, and that's when my heart almost jumped out of my chest and ran after Aarib.

He was in great danger. I had to help him.

My family always used to call me delusional, idiotic even, but I had never really believed I was dumb, according to them. Now, my opinion changed to something entirely different, something I never admitted to myself. I was pretty dumb, and I realized that when, after throwing on a big cloak and Nike Air Force, as I rushed out and jumped into my brother's car. Some might even call me crazy.

Yet I was still following my heart when I really should've been listening to my brain and the coherent thoughts that kept on appearing in my head. I was high on adrenaline as I all but drove like a lunatic, trying to catch up with the rows of black cars ahead of me.

Reckless, a voice screamed in my head. Truly, utterly reckless.

With my gaze sharp, my senses clear, I followed them until after fifteen minutes I was in the middle of nowhere, far away from my house, and parked my car far behind them as I turned off the headlights and slapped my arm here and there on the passenger seat. . .crap. My eyes widened in horror.

I forgot my phone at home.

Crap. Crap. CRAP!

Despite streetlights lining each side of the cemented road, none of them worked save for the loner above the heads of the huge, bulky men who slipped out of the car, and darted their eyes around the area. I couldn't be more glad for the lack of light. I wonder what would happen if they saw me. . . shudder!

With slow measured steps, I followed after the men inside what could be called the most suspicious buildings I have ever seen in my existence. I stopped by the huge metal doors, peering over, and waiting until everyone was inside. When I was sure they might be somewhere deep inside the creepy building, only then did I start moving again.

My first thought was the door would be locked, I mean, isn't that what sensible people do? That's what I would've done. But when I walked up the porch and peeked through the window, it took everything within me to stifle the gasp of horror. Shoot. The men's backs were towards me, but it was near impossible to not notice the gun holsters wrapped around their thighs. They were huge, bulky men, and standing at a corner of the corridor was him.

Aarib.

Only he could see me if he just tilted a little—

His gaze cut to mine like a steel knife, piercing me to the spot. His face was ghost white, eyes widening a fraction in surprise before he looked back at the men standing before him. My eyes travelled down to his hands that were curling into fists, then up to his face. His lips pressed together in discontent. He looked murderous angry, scared even. He said something to the men and they disappeared inside a room to the left.

Aarib took his chance to glance my way. He didn't hesitate in shooting me a warning glare, and mouthing the words 'WHAT THE HECK?' Despite not being able to hear his voice, I could tell it would've made my knees go weak.

Seconds later Aarib walked behind the men. I wasn't a fool. This was definitely not something to let go of easily. Aarib's life was in danger. Even if his hatred for me overpowered anything good he felt towards me, I wanted to prove him that I was a nice friend towards him. Although I am pretty sure he doesn't give a crap, and my presence would basically just add to his plate, it still didn't feel right to leave him.