Chapter 15/Jealous

"Who is that prick?" I bark into the phone, fury overtaking my worry from earlier.

Hatim chuckles down the line, his car parked a few houses down from Haya's. "Looks like she was hungry and ordered some food. She really took that 'don't open the door for anyone' speech seriously," he mocks, and I hear Sehriyar laugh too through the phone.

I close my eyes on a defeated sigh. The phone's in my hand in a crushing grip, pressed against my ear. I really should calm down before I smash my very expensive phone against some wall or something.

"Stay in the car. I'll go and talk some sense into her," I mutter and end the call.

"Have fun," Sheru teases me as I yank open the car door. Haya cannot see me because the night is dark, shocker, and because she's too busy in laughing and chit chatting her worries away with that boy.

She's standing in the doorway as if she's the safest person on earth at the moment.

I feel like she's cheating on me.

She's not even mine.

Yet.

Not bothering with a reply to my very amused friend, I slam the door shut and ball my hands into fists, my fingers aching with the urge to throw a punch at that boy who's making Haya laugh.

Jealous.

That's it.

I'm jealous of that boy.

Keeping my fake calm, I jog towards her house and then fall into a march when I am noticeable and just as expected, her eyes snap to me and all the laughter leaves her body and a frown takes over her cute face.

That's right.

She. Should. Have. Listened. To. Me.

I stand just behind the guy with my arms folded over my chest, listening to whatever he is rambling.

"—and then Mrs. Finch threw the box of pizza back at me!" he doubles over with laughter, putting a hand to his stomach as if the contents would just explode out.

"Oh, she really did that?"

The guy lets out a startled scream, spinning around with a horrified look on his face. He's clutching to his shirt with dear life, and although it's pretty dark and I only see his silhouette due to the light streaming from Haya's house, I can tell pretty much how much of a chicken he is.

"My bad, didn't mean to scare you like that," I grin. That's exactly what I intended to do. And Haya knows it too, because she's giving me those 'I'm very disappointed in you' eyes.

Seriously? Me? I should be giving her a big lecture right now! How dare she make me look like the bad guy here?

I nod my head over my shoulder. "Leave."

I don't leave Haya's eyes. She's not backing away either. Does she get how mad I am with her?

The prick scoffs. "Whoever you are, you cannot order someone on their own property to leave—"

"I'm talking to you, you idiot," I look away from Haya only to give the dumb man some more hints before he becomes my punching bag.

"What—"

"I still have to pay him," Haya blurts suddenly, as is she had forgotten that earlier. She begins to turn around when I stop her.

Sliding my hand into my jacket pocket, I take my wallet out and ask the guy, "How much?"

"Aarib you're not paying—"

I silence her with my eyes.

She rolls her eyes but listens to me. Very unlike her.