Chapter 7/Untold feelings

I don't go straight inside the car, instead I wait for Aarib because why not? I've already made quite a few foolish mistakes this night. . .another one won't hurt.

After a few moments of me going through every scenario of Aarib being hurt, he finally blesses me with his presence and I release a HUGE breath, letting my eyes close for a second before focusing them on Aarib. Although the darkness makes it difficult to detect what mood he is in—his eyes still manage to penetrate through my soul.

"Has anyone ever told you what a big, idiotic fool you are?" he mutters, glaring at me. "Do you even know what time it is? It's freakin' ten, and I bet your parents' would've gone to the police station by now. God. You fool."

Uh—"Excuse me?" I bark out a humorless laugh in his face. "Maybe you shouldn't have stormed off from my house in the first place!" Why am I even bothering to put up with his issues? With a defeated sigh, I yank open the BMW's passenger seat and all but throw myself in, slamming the door shut. Literally, the whole car shook, a feeling of proudness filling me for being able to do that. Does he now see how strong I am?

Aarib doesn't hide his anger either. Appearing behind the wheel, he slams his palms on the steering wheel making me jump, and presses his forehead against the BMW logo on the wheel. I try to ignore how his knuckles are once again swollen and read, but I just. . .can't.

"Aarib. . .your hands—"

"Shut up. Okay? Just. . .just don't talk to me right now."

Hurt slams right into me like a ball thrown with full force. Sure, I don't expect love confessions and cute things to come from Aarib. . .but he could at least not say 'Shut up' and that also in the rudest way possible. I bite back the anger which I wanted to unleash on him with merely my words, knowing this would only end bad with hearts being broken. Though I doubt he even has one.

As the engine roars to life, I slump back in my seat and gaze out of the window. I was never meant to stumble in his life, yet I did. I should've run away from him that day in the restaurant, or gone to Mrs Adam in the first place that she switch my partners. I didn't do any of that. Now both of us suffered.

The familiar buildings from my neighborhood came in sight. The car which was being driven maniacally, now slowed to a snail's pace and stopped along the curb to my house.

I didn't waste a second before storming out of his stupid rich car. I didn't care how he'd return mine home, or what explanation I'd have to give to my family, because all I wanted was to be the furthest away from Aarib and the toxic air around him.

To my horror, I had completely forgotten to lock the door after leaving. How could I be so stupid! My hand rests on the door handle while tears burn my eyes. What if someone was hiding inside, waiting for me to arrive? As far as I remembered, I didn't have any haters, but that did little to calm my erratic heart and the sound of blood pounding in my ears. My nerves grew frantic and panic surged inside me.

"What's wrong?"

I jump at the sound of him, my hand flying to my mouth to stifle the scream. I was so ingrained in guessing all the possibilities that I had not even heard him reaching me.

I gulp. "Nothing."

"Stop lying. Why aren't you going inside?"

I peek at him. "Why didn't you just leave?"

A shadow flickers over his features. "Without making sure you got in safely? Pardon me, but I think you have this special tendency to attract every sort of danger towards you."

My lips thin to form a straight line. "Turns out it only happens when I am in your presence." It's just so interesting how we both never manage to miss an opportunity to banter back and forth.