Chapter 17/Whisk you away

Aarib's POV

What. The. Heck.

What did I just say?

What—

Everyone on this table has gone quiet, their expressions ranging from confused, to baffled, and in Azaan's case, pissed.

"What did you say?" Azaan spits out, his jaw ticking.

I've had enough. I have given enough time for Haya to make the decision—and I would have still married her even if she didn't want to. She's got no choice on this. I can't fathom the thought of her getting hurt—makes me lose my temper. And what does it matter anyway? I just told everyone what I would've said maybe some other day, so why not now when everyone was together?

Better now than never.

"I said I want to marry Haya."

Oh, boy.

Azaan shoots up from his seat ready to plunge on me but his mother grabs his arm and pulls him back down, warning him with her eyes.

That's right, Azaan.

Chill out.

"I'm sorry, but I don't get it," Maira, Hassan's wife leans forward and frowns at me. I know she doesn't hate me. In fact, she likes me for Haya. Thank God. At least she'll be on our side to convince Haya's two neurotic brothers, though Hassan shouldn't really be a problem.

I think.

"What's there not to get? I've known Haya for a long time. We've been in the same school since grade five, and I want to marry her," I mumble coolly.

Speaking of Haya, she looks like she might vomit any second. A hand is clamped to her mouth and her gaze is lowered.

Crap.

I hope she doesn't start crying, or this whole thing will look all kinds of wrong. Her family might start thinking I am forcing her or something.

"We refuse. She's not marrying you," Azaan is quick to open his mouth. He glares at me and I can tell it's taking every fiber of his being to not beat me bloody right now. "She doesn't even like you that way!"

"Oh, she doesn't?" I counter back. "How would you know that?"

That seems to piss him off more.

Good.

Haya. Wil. Be. My. Wife.

"What I know is that you need to get lost—"

"Azaan!" his mom once again whisper hisses, losing her calm. "I did not raise you like that. Get out, now."

He obliges. Pushing back the chair and almost knocking it to the ground, Azaan leaves the table and exits the restaurant. Some people turn to look over at our table but then leave the matter and get back to their work.

"I apologize for his behavior, Mrs. Feroze," Hassan apologizes beside me, and that's a sincere one. "He should not have treated Aarib here with such—"

"No, don't apologize son. I've got quite the temperamental son as well," mum smiles. She turns to Haya's mom and says, "Now that Aarib has decided to tell you all himself, I don't really have to worry any further. Aarib has been talking about your daughter lately. He really likes her and wishes to marry her." She then turns to Haya. "I don't know how you managed it, but you're about to do something I never thought would ever happen. I must say, you're one special girl if my son likes you that much. I never thought Aarib would marry."

At that, Haya's eyes rise and she peers at me through her lashes, an adorable expression on her face.

Punch. To. The. Heart.