Chapter 14

The correspondence continued between the two young adults and even Luke noticed the Dear even though he was the one who started it. But just like Abby, he felt something in his heart and he didn’t know what it was. Did he really like her? Like, like-like her? And that only made it worse.

Dear Luke, 

That letter is probably my favorite letter so far. Yes, it might have been a little sad, but it was beautifully written. Have you ever thought about becoming a writer? I know you said you didn’t want to talk about music but I wish we could. Because that’s one way for me to get to know you even more. Even better.

Love,

                      Abby.

PS. I bought the joke book.

Why did the tomato blush? …………he saw the salad dressing!

Dear Abby, 

I could never be a writer, I am not that good.

I do not listen to music anymore, Abby. Not the way I used to anyway. I hear a few songs here and there but that is it. I hold onto the songs I listened to when I was younger and the lyrics from those songs are what pop up in my head, not some new song from this year. I do not know any songs of Lady Gaga or whoever is at the charts. I do not listen to Justin Timberlake anymore. And the same goes with Green Day. So no, I cannot talk about music even though I love music.

                      Luke.

Dear Abby,

I am sorry for my last letter. I came off as a bit aggressive I think. I just had a rough day and was not in a good mood but I realized I had to write to you if I wanted you to have the letter before the weekend. I really hope this gets through before you respond.

And the joke was hilarious. I told it to Ashton and I swear he giggled.

Love,

                      Luke. 

Dear Luke, 

I didn’t find it aggressive. Tell me, what made your day so rough?

                      Abby.

Dear Abby,

That was really short. Shorter than my letters to you.

I just had a rough day with not a lot of sleep and a guy nagged at me. And I am working hard on fixing this and everything around me. Can I tell you something crazy?

                     Luke.

Dear Luke,

Yes please tell me something crazy. 

                      Abby.

LUKE

Abby’s letter consists of only 9 words, not even including a farewell phrase. I realized we had forgotten about them in the last couple of letters but it didn’t do me anything, as long as she replied. And we had correspondent for the past month nonstop and now it was November. I don’t even know where time went. I work at the library 5 times a week, I spend my other free time there or at the gym. And in between there I either eat or sleep. Yes, I sleep. And it’s all thanks to Abby.