Chapter 4

..... After 4 months

I packed my clothes and my brother loaded both of my suitcases inside his car. Now I was standing outside and hugging my parents, Aisha and Aadi.

My mother was on the verge of tears and my eyes were a bit moist too.

"Call immediately after you reach there. I packed for you a bag full.of chocolates made by me and also some of your favorite Chanachur." My mother said to me.
My father hugged me and patted my back. He said," Don't forget to call us everyday. Also don't roam around the streets late at nights even if your friends force you to go out with them. Don't talk to the people only if required and please stay away from all the bad men. That's all I have to say to you and yes visit us and we will also see if we have time to visit you. Be safe. I love you and I'm so proud of you." My dad kissed me on my cheek.

I also hugged my little nephew who was upset that I was leaving. I just sighed and hugged him. I kissed him on the cheek and said, " Don't worry Aadi I will visit you this May. Time will fly by and soon May will be here. I will bring you so many chocolates and video games. So give me a kissy and be a good boy for mommy and daddy. Ok." He just nodded and hugged me more tightly.

Lastly I hugged Aisha and bid farewell to everyone. I got in the car and everyone was just waving me from behind until they disappeared out of my sight.

Don't cry. Don't cry. Don't cry.

Finally I reached the airport and bid my brother farewell as they announced my flight name. I hugged him and said him to visit me whenever they get time with our family. I also promised him to visit them whenever I get a vacation or a holiday.

Finally after a 16 hour flight, I reached Toronto.
Yayyyy...........

I got a taxi outside the airport and said the address of the apartment complex in which I was gonna stay.

Boy was I excited to explore this city!

After I reached the apartment complex I was given my apartment keys and then I was being supervised by the kind staff for the direction of my apartment.
As soon as I entered the apartment, I was in awe with the interior design. There were cream coloured walls and the tiles were made up of marble which is what I imagined to be in my apartment here.

I immediately laid down on my new bed that was so comfy that I just wanted to sleep for hours and did not want to wake up.

After an hour long nap( because hey I'm lazy AF), I decided to unpack my clothes so that atleast I will finish my most important work of sorting out my clothes until Monday arrives and it will be easier for me to choose an outfit for the first day of my work here. Ohh so sad. I thought of starting going to work after a week I settle in here but it seems like my boss wants me to start working as soon as I reach here.
What a jerk!

So I started unpacking my suitcases and one by one I filled in all my shirts, dresses, jeans, pyjamas, etc etc.
As I was filling in the last small space of my wardrobe ( particularly I have tons of clothes that I don't know if I will get the chance to wear..), my phone started ringing on the bedside table. I just sighed anf got up from my place to reach my phone.

My face instantly lit up as I read the name of the person who was calling me at this hour.

I answered the call and my school best friend Soumya greeted me excitedly, " Hello bestie. You are such a bitch. Didn't call me that you reached safely even after I had told you to inform me. Anyways what are you doing right now. Oh what a foolish question, ofcourse you would be resting right now after a 16 hour flight!" She exclaimed and I just chuckled of how much excited she was that I was moving out in a whole new country.

I said," Can I get a chance to speak or will you answer all of your questions." I said and she just laughed.

"To answer your question I reached here at 3pm and then I took an hour nap before I decided to unpack my luggage and you know at atleast reduce my work for the rest of the day. Now tell me what are you doing up this late because I know it is 1am in India."

I finished and heard her let out a nervous laugh before she sighed and said," Ok you got me. I was actually chatting with my boyfriend. You remember Nick Williams? The one I told you I had a crush on?"
I nodded my head before I remembered that we are talking on phone and I replied," Yes but you said that you got over him."

She replied," Yes but then at an office party he asked me out and I couldn't reject him coz Divi, he was so cute and was looking so handsome while asking me out that I couldn't reject him so I accepted his offer and now after 3 months he asked me to become his girlfriend. I was so happy that day. It was the same day you said to me that you were moving out. It was the best day of my life. Aahh what a night." She sighed dreamily and I couldn't help but chuckle at her antics.

I replied," That's good to hear Adidi. I hope to get a boyfriend just as sweet as yours in the future and love that person with my whole heart."

"Speaking of love, I heard that the famous singer Shawn Mendes lives in Toronto too. You have a high chance of meeting him."

My best friend exclaimed and I just scoffed. As if a famous guy would recognize me.

"It is just a thought and an imagination of yours. Aadidi you know I hate those typical proud famous badboys. Gosh I can't stand them. Whatever his name is I don't care. I just wanna enjoy my life and a boyfriend is a least of my worries."

"But-- " She was trying to justify but I cut her by saying," I am really tired of all of this Adidi, so please don't make me angry now. You know I don't like boys at all. You have a boyfriend and I'm truly happy for ya. Don't get me wrong but I just can't stand a guy or worst yet have a boyfriend. All I want is to make a friend who is just as hilarious and funny as you are." I finished.

It is true that I have many boy best friends in India but I don't feel any sort of feelings towards them.

"I just want you to be happy Divi that's it. You always listen to me rant about my boyfriend's whereabouts but I also want you to do the same to me. I am just looking out for ya. I love you so much and don't hesitate to tell me if anything happens to you. Did you understand?"

I smiled hearing her sweet and encouraging words. She always has a way of making me feel happy and smile even in the saddest of times. That's why I trust her and share with her and only her all my secrets. She is the one who is can trust blindly and I love her for that.

I said," Yeah I understood madam. Now will you please hang up the phone so that you can sleep and I can have my dinner coz it is 7 in the evening and I didn't eat anything since 1pm coz I ate on my way to my apartment in a local shop. So bye and see ya. I love you."
"I love you too. Byee"
And with that we both hung up our phones.

-------------------------------------------

Another update. It was a long chapter and I have been trying to complete it for a week.

So please like and comment if you liked this chapter....

Thank you!