Chapter 15

Divya's pov:

I was pretty excited today because guess what today I'm going to Aaliyah's house for the first time.

Although I've heard from a lot of my colleagues that the Mendes throw a big and exquisite parties every year- be it an Anniversary or a Birthday.

Well it us my first time that I actually get to experience one of them.

I wore a long red gown along with a necklace that my mother gave it to me on my 25th birthday. Way to be sentimental.

"Divya come outside we are waiting for you in front of your complex. Hurry up." This was one of my friends calling me to inform that they have reached. After doing some final touches on my makeup, I grabbed my clutch along with my cellphone and went outside to greet my friends. I know you are confused as to why are my friends invited too. Well basically they are the ones that are actually closer to her parents and well Aaliyah has been friends with them from her high school years. Apparently they are the only people that she is more comfortable with and trusts them enough to invite them over. I am glad she trusts me enough to invite me to one of her family function. Well chears to the friendship.

We reached our destination after 45 minutes. My friend Ester parked the car at the Mendes's driveway. Once Ester parked the car, all of us made our way to the house.

Their house looked amazing and it literally screamed rich. I was surprised by the way they kept the outside of their house cleaned. I wonder how beautiful and massive would it look from the inside.
They had those plant garden lined along the walls and even some potted plants at every corner of the driveway. Even a fountain can be seen in front of the house and I even learned that they have a huge backyard for playing an outdoor game.

I wonder what would two people play in the large backyard. I mean according to Aaliyah only her parents live here so I think maybe to plan such big parties or any family function. Maybe......

The door opened and all of us entered the house.

To say that the interior was magnificent would be actually worth it because, as expected, they had a huge hall with people surrounding us. We squeezed our way in between the large bodies and reached the living room. "Hey guys. I'm glad you all could make it." Said Aaliyah as she greeted us and we all hugged her and kissed her on the cheek.

As Aaliyah began her conversation about the dress she was wearing, I took the moment to look around the house. The large cream coloured walls was the first thing I noticed before a large living room and an almost 32 inch TV made me wanna stare at it with awe. There was a huge chandelier above us and I also noticed the spiral staircase that I watched only in various movies. This is a Dream House literally.

All of us greeted Mr. and Mrs. Mendes that is Manny and Karen Mendes the both of them beaming with joy after receiving all the greetings from various people. And why wouldn't they be, they are star of the evening after all.

I was then offered a drink and I accepted the champagne in order to maintain my composure and my reputation in front of  these billionaire people.

I was dragged by Aaliyah to meet different people that were obviously her cousins and some family friends. I greeted them with the same enthusiasm I had when I first entered the house.

I excused myself from the ongoing conversation that was currently happening in between the sisters and decided to have a short washroom break.

So I climbed up the stairs and noticed that there were a lot of rooms in here. So I opened the first room and entered the bathroom attached to it.
After doing my business, I opened the door and went back downstairs.

As I proceeded to walk in the direction of the group of familiar people, I noticed that a new unfamiliar figure joined the group. As I walked more closer, I noticed that it was a certain male figure. I also noticed that large broad back that belonged to a certain someone come into view before shaking my head and joined in on their conversation.

"Hi Divya, what took you so long?" Camilla one of the cousins asked and I just shrugged and replied with a fixing my dress.

I had yet to discover the new person in the group.

"Divya meet my brother Shawn Mendes and Shawn meet my dearest friend Divya." Said Aaliyah and I smiled at her introduction and moved my head to my left to see the face of the stranger.

Oh My God!

My eyes widened in surprise to see that the stranger was actually a handsome stranger. And not just a stranger...... the one that I find the most arrogant. The person standing in front of me wearing a white shirt and a black button up is none other than the expense breaker.

Don't act surprised at the name I've given to this Handsome Evil because he is whatever I have described him to be.
He couldn't recognize me at first but when he remembered he widened his beautiful brown eyes in surprise.

Why does he always have to always be the late one to recognize me.

"What are you doing here?" He asked suddenly with his voice a bit strained and angrier.

"Wait the  better question is why are you following me? Yes because everywhere I go you have to be there." He continued and I laughed humorlessly.
"Well your sister and mother invited me over so I couldn't decline their offer. And I do not follow hypocrites wherever they go. I just happened to be at the same place as you are." I replied with a smug smile almost being sarcastic.

He just snorted and before he could come back with his usual remark, he was cut of by Aaliyah.
"Wait so you guys know each other?"

He just snorted and replied, "You remember I spoke to you about a girl coming in front of my car causing a dent on it? She is the one." He said and realization soon struck  Aaliyah's face.

"Just so you know Mister Shawn you were the one that was driving at an illegal limit and you also admitted to be not paying attention while driving. Remember?" I said immediately and he just shook his head and before he could reply Karen and Manny gathered for the attention of all the guests.

"This is not over Miss Dina." The Devil said and I just rolled my eyes before correcting my name.

                 ---------------------------------

Hey guys sorry for the long wait. I hope you like this chapter.

Don't forget to wear masks when you leave the house.

Also please vote, comment and share.

See you soon with a new update.

Also thank you all for 500+ reads.

Until then see you!!!!

Thank you!!!!!