Chapter 16

"Hello to all my dear ladies and gentlemen. Thank you all for coming all of you. It means a lot because it is a special day for both Manny and me. Today is our twenty fifth anniversary. This was all our children's idea. I am just gonna say enjoy the party because I don't really know what they have planned."  Karen ended the speech and everyone started laughing.

I watched as Aaliyah walked towards where her mother was giving the speech and she held the mic in front of her.

"So today is a special day for the Mendes family as exactly twenty five years ago these two very special people got married. I am so greatful to have such amazing and supporting parents in my life. Me and my brother have made a video on the journey of our parents love story. So here it is."
She said and the lights went off.

In front was a large screen that displayed various photos of Manny and Karen together during their older times. Some photos even had their whole family while some of them were of young Aaliyah and her not-so-kind-but-arrogant brother.
I must say they looked cute together as a family. I smiled remembering my own family.

The lights were switched on again and instead of Aaliyah there stood her brother with the mic in his hand.

"Mom, dad words can't describe how incredibly greatful I'm of you guys. Both of you supported me through out my career and today I can proudly say that this was possible only because of you guys. You were there for me since the beginning. So I present before you my song dedicated to my wonderful parents and to all the parents out there." He said and everyone started clapping their hands.

The lights were turned off again. Then suddenly there was light focused only on Shawn while the whole place was dark. He was sat in front of a piano and everyone started cheering for him.

Smiling once towards his parents, he closed his eyes and started playing the first verse of his song on the  piano.

(AN: Start playing the song now.)

   "Stop, take it in
    And I breath for a minute
    I think too much when I'm alone
    I never win when I
    Keep all my thoughts inside
    So I pick up the phone "

He started singing and I swear my breath caught in my throat. I don't know why but I was starstrucked. Maybe it was because I heard someone sing so beautifully in front of me. I felt like I was in a live concert itself for he sounded so angelic. Never in my life have I ever been so mesmerized and caught up at the moment as he was singing for his parents, in front of everyone.

       "And my dad said
        'Shawn, stay with me
         Everything will be alright
        I know I haven't seen
        you lately..... but you're
        always on my mind'"

He continued singing and I started humming the tune in my head.

     'I don't know what
      You're going through,
      But there is so much life
      ahead of you,
      And it won't slow down
     No matter what you do
     So you just gotta hold on
    All you can do is hold on, yeah

   These days are flying by
   Weeks feel like minutes
   I can't remember being small
   I try to figure it out
   I can't seem to find out how
   I guess I don't know much at all

   And my dad said
   Shawn, stay with me
   Everything will be alright
   I know I haven't seen you lately
   But you're always on my mind

   I don't know what
   You're going through
   But there's so much life
   Ahead of you
   And it won't slow down
   No matter what you do
   So you just gotta hold on
   All we can do is hold on, yeah

   Yeah, you just gotta hold on
   Just, just hold on
   Just hold on for me

   My dad said
   Shawn, stay with me
   Everything will be alright

    I don't know what
    You're going through
    But there's so much life
    Ahead of you
    And it won't slow down
    No matter what you do
    So you just gotta hold on
    All we can do is hold on, yeah
    Yeah, you just gotta hold on
    Just hold on for me'

He finished singing and smiled towards his parents.
I saw that both Karen and Manny had tears in their eyes.

Shawn got off the chair and walked towards his parents. He gave them a hug and both of them patted his back.

I must say I was really impressed by him. Not only because of his talent but also because of the way he showed his parents his love. He is really a family man. I didn't expect him to be such a soft hearted person.

After their exchange of hugs, everyone gave a round of applause.

Rest of the night was filled with laughter and various conversations. I got to know so much about the Mendes family.

I excused myself from the group and got up for a quick bathroom break. I went inside the washroom and did my business before fixing my hair and my makeup.
As I was walking back downstairs, I was met none other than Shawn himself. He blocked my way so I changed my way but he was blocking my way again. Frustrated I sighed loudly to show him how irritated I was. "What is your problem? Get out of my way." I said but he just smiled sarcastically and replied, "I was just here to remind you that you still have to pay for my car."

I groaned. God he seriously can't get over it.

"No I won't give you the money if you don't pay for my expenses. You seriously don't understand that I am here just because your mom and sister invited me here and I do not intend on following  you." I screamed at him.

He smirked and said,"Did I blame you of following me? Okay  relax I am just kidding. I am here to ask you to come have dinner with us. They asked me to call you. But if you want to have a make out session I am always available."  He winked at me and I just shook my head and said,"You know after the performance down there I thought that you really are a kind-hearted person but I was wrong. You really are a jerk you can't change at all."

He laughed out loud and I walked out on him irritated.

              ----------------------------------

Hey welcome back. I am here with a new update.

Please vote, comment and share the story.
Please express your thoughts about this chapter. If possible give some new ideas too.

Thank you!!!!