Chapter 10

The rest of the week was uneventful. I was rather happy with my work after migrating here. The people were kind too. Now talking about my neighbors, I didn't quite meet them personally but today as it is a holiday, I am gonna meet them.

I decided that if I was gonna meet them for the first time, I should bring some sweets with me, that I made it myself. It is known as Gulabjamun.

[The picture above is of the sweet Gulabjamun ]

I packed it in a box and took it with me to distribute it to my neighbors.

The first two floors were very much welcoming. The people were generous enough to invite me over for lunch but I politely declined their offer saying I am supposed to distribute these sweets to many more houses. Speaking of which, my neighbors really loved my cooking and some of them even mispronounced the name.

Lastly I was on the third floor and it was the last house of the day. My apartment is of 5 floors and I live on the 4th floor.

I knocked on the door and I could hear the sound of the footsteps before someone opened the door.
The person that I saw in front of me had my jaw dropping and I could equally see the amusement in front of his eyes.

Oh no!!! The attractive guy that I had met few days ago in the beach is standing in front of me.
Wow... He looks even more hot in boxers. Damn.....
Ok I seriously have to stop staring cute strangers. By the way looks can be deceiving.
He was wearing black trousers and grey t-shirt and damn he looks super hot.

He gestured to me to come inside his house and I did. His house was equally as big and spacious as mine is. Just a little manly.

"Here you can sit on the couch." He said and I nodded my head.
I sat comfortably on the couch and he sat on the one opposite of mine.

" Sooooo , what brings you here? Oh did you consider my photography session with you?"
The cute stranger said and I was confused for a minute before I remembered that he gave me a card and asked me if someday in the future I would let him take my photos.
I quickly shook my head.
" I am not here for that. Actually I am your new neighbor." I said and he seemed rather amused before nodding.
" Oh I see. You are the new Indian neighbor everyone in this building talks about." He said and I was slightly taken back.
Everyone in this building talks about me. Well I am the new celebrity here I guess.
" Well I hope you hear only good things though." I replied cheekily. He grinned widely before nodding.
" Yes most definitely. So what brings you here?"
He asked and I nodded slowly before speaking. " Well as I am the new neighbor I would love to know all my neighbors. So I'm personally visiting everyone in this building and just trying to know them."
I finished and he slowly nodded.
"Well you have seen me before. Well my name is Connor Brasshier and I'm a photographer by profession. I love taking pictures of beautiful people and our nature too. So tell me about yourself beautiful."
He said and I blushed a little before proceeding to introduce myself.
"Well my name is Divya Majumdar. I am 25 years old and I love reading, singing and dancing."
He was quite for a while before smiling. "Finally we got the name of this beautiful face. Well Divya, welcome in our building. It is an old one I know, but the people are amazing if you get to know them." I nodded and proceeded to ask him more about him and this building. I learnt that he is the only child and that his parents live in California. They often come here to visit him or he visits them on holidays. Even I shared some basic facts about my life and also compared India with Canada.

Lastly I gave him the sweet and he thanked me before asking me the name. He mispronounced it as Golabjasmi and I tried to hold in my laughter but I couldn't and we both started laughing. Later on he tasted and said that I should make it more often. I just nodded and was just about to move out when....
"Ummmm. Divya would you mind giving me your number? I mean we are neighbors and all so can you?...."
Connor asked out of nowhere and I blushed before nodding and giving him my number. He thanked me and I went back to my house.
When I entered I couldn't help but keep replaying the conversation that me and Connor had just moments ago.

I was just about to on the television when my mother's name popped up on my screen. So I answered her call.

"Divya, your sister in law is in the hospital."
My mother said and my eyes immediately widened.

           --------------------------------------

Another update.
I am so sorry for this long wait and this shitty chapter but this is all my mind could think of.

Anyways my 12th board exams just finished today and I'm so happy so I decided I should update.
So here it is.

Don't forget to vote, comment and share.

Thank you!!!!!