Chapter 7

After my first day at work I went back home. It was so tiring considering the fact that I'm the new employee and I have to know all the important parts of this building.
Sighing I just decided on making some  pasta and then sat down on the couch turning on the TV.
After a few hours of watching my favorite show ' Pretty little liars' I started yawning and went to sleep in my room.

It has been two weeks since I started working and let me tell you it isn't that bad working here because the people here treat me like I'm a part of their family. All the people that I have met in my office or in my building while walking out in the morning I just get the vibe that I am finally finding it easier adjusting.
During these two weeks I have been assisted by many of my colleagues to various places in Toronto that are quite famous.
Although I tend to forget some of the pathways( coz let's face it, I suck in remembering places and those busy streets and long roads doesn't make it any easier to remember) I think I might need a whole month to get used to all the different streets and their names.

Today is Saturday which means it is the weekend.
Yayyyyyy......

Well you would also start looking forward to weekends if you are working and have a tight schedule that you don't even have the chance to go shopping. Well not exactly that busy but.... well get a hint. I am so exhausted today because there's a new product that is  being launched by our company and I come home at 9pm every night. I was so sleepy yesterday that I got up at 10 am today. I got up and reached for my mobile before opening it and seeing that I have 4 missed calls from my mom.

But why didn't I get the phone call?

Oh yeah I had kept my mobile on Do not disturb mode that's why.

Immediately I dialled her.

After atleast an hour of my mother scolding me for not answering her calls, she finally hung up after asking me about my new office and new friends that also happen to be my colleagues.

I had my breakfast and decided that I should ask Emily and Aaliyah if they have any plans tonight ( A/N- See what I did here.😉 Lost in Japan is my favorite song of Shawn Mendes)

I called Aaliyah and she said that one of her cousins Camila is going to come today to visit their family so she wouldn't be able to come.

Alright.......

I called Emily and even she had some emergency. Her mom is in the hospital for her physiotherapy sessions and Emily is gonna accompany her mother as there is no one in the house to take her to the hospital.

Okay... so that leaves me alone now.

What should I do today?

Wait.....

Aisha, one of my neighbors, was telling something about a Watetfront Trail or whatever the name is, that is a place where she goes to just relax and take her mind off of her daily busy life and problems.

Well I'm going to visit this ' Waterfront Trail'

She also mentioned to me that it is quite peaceful place and the sunset view is the only reason she visits that place more often.

Well then I'll go over there at 4:30pm so that I can watch the sunset and get time to walk around the place.

I had my lunch and was just watching' The bachelorette' on my laptop. I was about to start a new episode when Aisha sent me a request to video call with her on my phone.

I accepted the request and immediately my screen was divided into two windows.  A small window where I could see my face and another larger window where I could see Aisha's face. I smiled at the screen when I noticed Aisha was sitting with a small figure that belongs to my nephew Adi.
He immediately said," Hii aunty. How are you? I am missing you sooo much."
He finished and I just smiled at him while replying," I am fine Adi. How are you and how are studies for you so far? "
" I am fine. Yes studies are sooo boring. Why do we have to go to school everyday." I just laughed at how adorable he looks when he pouts like that.