Chapter 6

I enter my office building and let me tell you it was humongous and  magnificent.
I was welcomed by.... well, I don't know his name but he was a gentleman and opened the door for me. I thanked him.
As I entered I was astound to see everyone was busy doing some work or the other. I walked straight to the reception desk and she just smiled at me and asked, " Welcome to Antiko Industries. How may I help you?"
" Actually I'm new employee here. My name is Divyanka Majumdar. I just transferred here from India. Would you please tell me where is Miss Rose? I am actually supposed to be meeting up with her today as it is my first day here."
She just smiled in return and answered, " Well Miss Majumdar, welcome to Antiko Industries. I'll just call Miss Rose and see if she is available at this moment. Excuse me please."
After a minute she came back and said that she is available right now and is now on the 20th floor of this building with her name written just outside the door.
I waited for the lift and when I got in the lift I was surprised to see that there are 35 freaking floors in this building. I got out of the lift once it stopped on yhe the floor and I asked a kind woman where is Miss Rosa's office. She said, Oh so you are the  new employee who just transferred here. Well I am headed towards her office. I am actually one of your colleagues as from today we will be working in the same office."
" Oh well I am just new here so definitely I will be meeting  new people. Btw I am Divya Majumdar and you are......?"
" I am Aaliyah Mendes. Nice to meet you Divya. I hope you will enjoy working here because I enjoy working here too!"
I just smiled at her and I didn't even realise we were standing in front of a cream coloured door with 'Miss Rose' written in bold letters.
Aaliyah opened the door and we entered in the room or my office. It consisted of yellowish brown walls that seemed to be old enough, which is possible because this building was built 97 years ago by someone that I don't know the name of. The White tiles on the floor was well furnished and clean.

As I kept walking, I noticed that people were staring at me. Oh well....
" Hey guys, meet Divya the new employee from India." Aaliyah introduced me in front of all the people and they all greeted me.

An older woman, I think she is in her mid 40s, walks towards me with a small smile on her face," Hello Miss Majumdar, I am Elena Rose your new boss. So this is your first time here right? I want you to know some important rules as you will be working with us starting from today. So come with me to my office so that I can explain to you general instructions."

I just nodded and followed her.

She went inside her cabin and sat down on the chair behind her desk.

" I see you have met your office mates on your first day. Do not hesitate to talk with me if anyone here bothers you with anything, although I trust them but still. In India you have been working for almost 3 years, right?"
She asks and I nod not knowing where this conversation is heading to.

" Well I'm not going to be like your typical stereotypical boss who just loves to boss around. I am actually open to any suggestions coming from the employees. So feel free to ask me anything and I'll love to suggest if you have any problems going on in your life. As for the rules you have to follow them strictly, no exceptions. Alright, let's begin." She said clasping her hands together and for about 15 minutes I was just listening to her explain to me the most important rules and regulations. I didn't even realize she finished until she dismissed me.

Boy it is going to be hard working here. But it's gonna be fine coz I have many friends here that can help me with my work.

I opened the door and walked outside and into the main office where Aaliyah showed me my desk where I would be working from now on. I kept all of my belongings on my desk.

Mr Steve, who I learned earlier is Miss Rose's manager, was explaining to me the tasks that I have to do for the day.

Later on Emily, one of my colleagues, said that she would give me a tour of the office and the important places later this week when she has time. I started with my work right away after I made myself a cup of coffee accompanied by Emily. She said that she did not have breakfast today.

" Hey Divya , it's lunch time. Come on let's go downstairs." Amy said. I saw the time in my watch and noticed that it was 1:30pm.
I stopped my work and decided to resume my incomplete work after I come back from lunch.
I didn't have time to cook myself a lunch box because the car came a little early that I didn't get time to pack my lunchbox. So I just went with them.
They all decided to grab their lunch from a nearby restaurant and I just nodded because I didn't quite actually know about this place.
As we all walked in the restaurant, Emily pointed towards a table and we all sat there.
" So are you enjoying it in Toronto or do you miss home?"
Emily asked and I just shrugged while replying," Well I'm trying to adjust it in here and getting used to your culture and all. But lemme tell you, I actually dreamt moving in Toronto from my teenage years and I'm so glad I actually am sitting in one of the restaurants over here and talking with a bunch of my colleagues, well strangers if you consider the fact that I don't know much about you all and you don't much about me too. So yeah it is quite entertaining and refreshing here."  Rachel, one of my colleagues, smiled and said, " Well you're gonna  love this city even more when you meet the famous SHAWN MENDES!" She exclaimed and everyone just laughed while Aaliyah just sighed.

" Well Rach, if you have forgotten let me tell you that Mike loves you more than anything in this world. But you still are waiting for my brother to ask you to be his girlfriend when you fucking know he doesn't even know anything that you even exist. Trust me Rach, I know him more than you know and he will surely break your heart because he is a freaking playboy. "

Aaliyah finished and damn everyone was quite while Rachel just shrugged.
" Yeah I guess you're right. Ughh it's just so hard focusing on anything else because all I can  think of every minute, every second of the day is Shawn Peter Raul Mendes."

Wait........

This name sounds familiar. But who can this person be?
But Aaliyah says he is a playboy. But she is referring him as her brother, still she doesn't defend.

Whatever.......

It doesn't matter to me who this freaking Shawn is. He is a badboy so he isn't even in my list of good boys.

I go to ask Aaliyah who this guy is but refrain myself from doing so because then I will get humiliated because I didn't know the supposed great person or whatever the hell he is.

We finished our lunch and headed towards the office to continue with our work for the day although I am new I shouldn't have a Bad Reputation to my new boss on my first day at work by not completing the tasks she has given me today.....

          -----------------------------------------

Hello guys. Sorry for the late update. Actually I was busy with my studies and all.

Anyways if you liked the chapter please do not forget to vote and comment.

          Thank you!