Chapter 12

It was the following Monday after the weekend and I was dreading it already because of the amount of work Miss Rose gave me.

Time flew by and it was time for lunch. I sat with my colleagues and had my lunch.
"Hey guys I won't be coming to that party at Lydia's house as I will be going with my mom for their 25th anniversary shopping." Aaliyah said and everyone started planning on what to do this Saturday.
Eventually there was a new movie being released on Saturday so most of the girls decided to watch that movie. Me being me decided that I would just chill in my house and watch Netflix.

It was now Friday and I wouldn't be more greatful for the weekend to come. I was just finishing up my work and was all ready to go home.
I reached my apartment complex and thanked the cab driver before entering the building.
As I reached my apartment floor I almost fell off the stairs but I quickly hold on to the handle.
There in front of my doorstep I found someone's silhouette leaning.

"Hello my favorite sister. Long time no see." A very familiar voice said and their face came into view relaxing me a bit.
"Bitch you almost scared me. Well it's nice seeing you after a long time Tina. It's been like, what, 2 years since we last saw each other?" I asked while opening my door and walking in.
My maternal uncle's daughter, Tina is like a best friend to me. She is two years younger than me but is very smart and talented.

My maternal uncle shifted here in Toronto when I was ten years old. But before they immigrated here me and Tina were both inseparable. So after they moved out I was really a crying mess. But they promised to visit us on every summer holidays. Then we all grew up and we both had a job so it was difficult to call each other as she was busy with her work.

"So Divya, you moved here for like six months and you didn't even bother to visit me?" Tina asked breaking me out of my thoughts.
"Well, I was really busy since I just moved in here and it actually crossed my mind to inform you about me moving in here. It's so sorry honey." I said hugging her and she just huffed and hugged me back.
"Oh Divya, I'm so happy that you got age opportunity to move in here. I mean I remember you telling me that you are in love with this city and would love to immigrate here when you're old enough. Now you are finally here and I'm so proud of you Diva." She said to me and I blinked back my tears. " I'm so lucky to have you by my side, you know that?" I said and she flipped her short blonde hair making both of us laugh.
Me and Tina talked about everything and anything that we missed for last one year. We had our dinner and slept. Next morning we woke up at like one in the afternoon. We had our lunch and now we were just sitting on the couch watching 'Pretty Little Liars'.
"Diva I think we should hit the bar. It's been days since we had our last cousin's day. So shall we?" She asked and I nodded excitedly. It's been days since we last went there.
As I was getting ready I remembered something. I had a few accessories and some new clothes I needed to buy.
"Hey do you mind hitting the mall first?" I asked and she just said hurry up.
So now we both were on our way to the mall. I decided to buy new bedsheets and covers first and then some new clothes. But it wasn't just me who was buying the clothes alone. Tina too wanted to buy some new dresses and t-shirts. So we both ended up buying new clothes until Tina had her eyes on a very beautiful bag that she ended up buying. I just shook my head at the amount of shopping we had done.
We were just about to exit when I spotted a lady probably in her late forties struggling to carry the bags whilst adjusting her dress. She had her back towards us but I could see her attempting to carry the bag but in the meantime some of her things falls down. I immediately tell Tina to carry our bags outside the mall and call a cab. I went closer towards the lady and put my hands on her shoulder.
"Ma'am, where do you want to go I will help you carry the bags." I said and she smiled and that's when I notice that she has pretty white blonde hair.
"Well thank you young lady bug in wouldn't bother you. Looks like it have to call my daughter to carry all of these bags as my son is nowhere in sight." She said in a thick British accent and moved her head in search of her son I guess.
"No ma'am you wouldn't be a bother. Just let me help you. I can see there are a lot of bags and they do not seem light. Just tell me where your car is and I'll carry them for you." I insisted and she smiled giving in.
"Aren't you just the sweetest. Anyone would have ignored me but you insisted on helping. Nowadays, where do we find such youngsters that are willing to help." She said and I didn't know what to say so I just nodded my head. Ten minutes later, we reached a car and the lady stopped in front of the car.
"Thank you so much young lady. Would you like to grab coffee with us?" She asked and the back seat of the car opened revealing a person coming out. I immediately recognized the familiar brown hair and brown hair and I waved my hand excitedly at her. "Hey Divya, nice to meet you girl. What are you doing here?"
Aaliyah asked and before I could respond, the lady spoke," So Aaliyah you know her?" Aaliyah responded, "Yes mom. She is Divya, the girl I spoke to you about that recently joined our office and she is from India."
Aaliyah said and it was like everything became sense now. The lady is actually Aaliyah's mother. Her brown hair is similar to that of Aaliyah's.

"Oh so you're the famous Divya my daughter can't stop talking about. Well I'm Karen, Aaliyah's mother. Welcome to Toronto ,Divya. I hope you are loving this city as much as we do." The lady said and I shook her hands with mine and talked about my various experiences here. She also invited me over for their anniversary next Friday and I couldn't say no. After some time I realized I was getting late.

"Well, I think I should go because my cousin is waiting for me. It was nice meeting you Miss Karen. And Aaliyah we will meet in the office on Monday I guess." I said and Miss Karen waved her hands in the air. "How many times should I tell you to call me Karen. It makes me look like I'm your boss." Karen jokes and me and Aaliyah laugh before reassuring her to call her Karen next time we meet.

I start heading towards my cousin after calling her. On the way there I hear a huge commotion.

-------------------------------

And here it is another update.
Sorry for the long wait.

Stay safe guys and remain indoors because we don't want anyone getting infected with Corona Virus.

Anyways vote, comment and share.

Thank you!!!!