Chapter Nine

Our time in Alpha Eric's territory went by in a blur of chaos and confusion.

After Clarisse and I had caught up in the office, the men decided to talk about some "pack business" and Luna Ana decided to bring us to their kitchen for some girl time.

I would have much preferred to have gone out to meet everyone who had come back from the plane crash, but all of the men had not wanted us to leave the pack-house without them. As it was, we were already being guarded by three men each.

They did not seem to think it was overkill considering we were still in the same house as they were. Men.

Ana made the three of us some food and we sat down to talk about everything from where we came from and what our world was like, to more in-depth tales of our travels after our arrival, to pack life. The last one was where I became more interested.

I had so many questions about this world, packs, and mates. But I also wanted some outside insight into my confusing feelings about this world and Jonah. Preferably insight that was not from a man. Which made our current situation perfect.

Here I sat with two females, one that understood the world I came from and the other that understood the world I am now in.

It also did not hurt that we had spent probably an hour now getting to simply know each other. So, I felt comfortable enough to ask questions I have been thinking of.

"Ana, how did you and Eric meet?"

She froze with a cookie almost to her lips, which made me concerned that I had asked the wrong question.

"Oh- it's okay if you aren't comfortable-," I started but was cut off by her shaking her head and a gigantic smile spreading across her face.

She touched my hand, "No, of course not! I just- it has been so long since I was asked that question it just messed me up. But it was so amazing, I could never forget it. It almost feels like it was just yesterday."

I smiled a little at that and asked, "Wow, really? How long have y'all been together?"

Laughing, she had such a happy look on her face. Her eyes and face glowed with such a happy look. Ana was a person you could tell was completely in love with her mate.

"We've been together for three amazing years. You know what's funny? When we met, I ran from him! Can you believe it?" She cries out while laughing.

Smiling with wide eyes, Clarisse asked, "Why? Because he's a shifter?"

For some reason, this made Ana laugh even louder. Tears were now starting to come to her eyes, "Actually no! I ran-," she paused and snorted- causing us to laugh. "I ran because he was wearing a cowboy hat!"

At this point, all three of us were laughing as she told us about how her mom told her stories about the Wild West and how cowboys were dangerous, dirty men.

"My mom would always tell me, 'Be lucky Ana, that you won't come across a cowboy here in Orlando, cause they'll tie you up to their horse, and force you to do their bidding'. I always thought she was crazy, but then again, I never had to worry about seeing a cowboy in Orlando! Then, I went swimming one day in this secret place I found, and I saw a man standing there with glowing eyes and a cowboy hat!"

She finally seemed to catch her breath as she sighed one of those love-struck kinds of sighs. She continued, "I knew he was a shifter immediately, and I knew his wolf was on the surface since his eyes were glowing. But all I could see was that stupid hat and hear my mom's voice in my head. But, I won't regret running because being caught was completely worth it. He chased me and when he caught me, he ended up marking me right then and there. At first, I was both terrified and ticked off. But, one look into his eyes- I knew. I knew he was the one for me. I had been captured by the cowboy- heart, body, and soul."