Chapter Fourteen

I groaned and shoved my head in Jonah's arm to hide my burning cheeks as more chuckles joined the one.

I heard some Spanish words and then Jonah pulled me forward. My body shook a little from the rumble of his voice as he introduced us, "Hello, you must be the Sonora Pack. I am Alpha Jonah and this is my mate, Luna-"

"Emilia, sí. We know all about Emilia. The Luna who has given us a light in the sky. Encantado de conocerla, Luna Emilia. I am Alpha Silverio and aquí es my Beta Teo. You can call me Silver, señora."

He reached over and kissed my hand, but quickly let go at the sounds of Jonah's growl.

"Hola Silver. Hola Beta Teo. Cómo están? It's nice to meet you," I responded with a small smile. Still embarrassed about my earlier comment.

He chuckled a little and winked at me before saying, "Oh! Bueno! Tu hablas español? Y what is this about tacos? Is our lovely Luna experienced in Mexico? Te gusta la comida mexicana?"

Jonah's arm wrapped around me and pulled me up against his side. With a raised eyebrow I looked up at him to see him staring at Silver with slightly narrowed eyes.

I chuckled at Jonah for being jealous of Silver. I mean, I may love tacos but come on. I wasn't going to leave Jonah for someone who can cook them. Maybe.

I smiled as I glanced back over at the Mexican alpha and said, "Solo un poco. Estoy muy...oxidado. Pero sí. Tengo hambre de comida mexicana. Lo extraño tanto. I was hoping making things like tacos and enchiladas was still an option and you may be able to teach me while you are here."

I blushed a little. Way to not jump right to the point.

"If you can, of course," I shake my head, "I know that is not quite your priority here."

Everyone chuckled and Silver said, "Of course! We were making our food long before those modern conveniences you are used to, and we are still now. As luck will have it, I pride myself on my ability in la cocina. So I would love to help you learn. If we have time."

Jonah's hand tightened on my waist and I looked up, "Jonah, you will just have to be there and learn to cook with me. You know, so your jealousy can maybe catch a break."

A growl filled the air as others chucked and Jonah looked down at me, "I am not jealous. I just know what is mine and when others should be aware of that. But if this is a definite thing then maybe I will be joining you for these taco lessons you keep on about. Can't have my Luna doing all the cooking, can I?"

I blushed but grinned.

Looking over at Silver, I was ecstatic and said, "That sounds great! Maybe we can have a taco night tomorrow if we find time today for you to teach me and we can find enough ingredients!"

He nodded, "That sounds lovely. A wonderful chance to have a celebration feast for hopefully many new mated pairs. If we can find enough of the ingredients here for all of us, then I shall make time today for our lesson."

Ana finally spoke up. I had forgotten she was there until she did so, but she smiled and said, "I'd love to join as well. Eric and I will have some of our pack go on a run to see about the ingredients if you give us a list of what we will need."

Alpha Eric nodded and nuzzled her head before saying, "Yes indeed. Once that's taken care of, I'll send out some guys and leave your pack to get settled in their accommodations as we wait for the Oaxaca pack's arrival. Once you are ready, you and your beta, Alpha Silver, as well as you Alpha Jonah, can join me in my office to talk some things over."

They all nodded and after parting words and promises to meet up later, Jonah steered me away.

"Where are we going," I asked as his arm slid from around my waist to grab my hand instead.