Chapter Fifteen

One hour later I wandered into the library.

It was not really a library. At least, that was not what it looked like it had been. But, people now used it as a library and as a gathering room just to hang out.

Since I had time while Jonah was in his meeting, I decided to explore some more. There really was not much else to do here.

The alphas still refused to let any of us 'Luna's go outside of the packhouse without an escort and I did not enjoy needing a babysitter.

I'm independent enough that I plan to revisit that subject with Jonah when the time is right. But I knew there was no point in even trying to do that while there were still so many new packs arriving.

If there was one thing I was realizing the importance of, it was getting better at knowing when to pick my battles.

So, here I was, slowly looking at as many book titles as I could.

There was a surprising amount of genres spread out throughout the shelves. They were all older books- some of which I recognized by title and some I knew were old simply by looking at them. However, as old and used these books obviously were, they were still well taken care of.

It still was surprising to me just how much these people relied on things from basically a century ago to entertain themselves. I would think people would still be making new books.

I know it wasn't exactly a priority and I knew there wouldn't really be any mass distribution of books. But, like a few sets of books people can write in and keep info and records would be smart. So, I was surprised there were none.

The author in me perked up a little as a thought occurred to me.

Eric, Jonah, and the other alphas were all collecting loads of data from each alpha. Like ways to communicate, their pack locations, and potential mates.

Maybe I could help write some books. Record keeping books for that information, but also maybe books with information about this world. Not just for those of us who are new to it but also those who are used to it. It seemed like a good idea and I was beginning to get excited about a project.

Then the smile which had begun to spread across my face stopped and I shook away the thought. I shouldn't get carried away. I could maybe ask to help Eric with keeping track of everything. Then I could also learn more about all of this world and the packs while I was doing it. But there were many more important things for me to focus on before I suddenly decided to settle down and start whiling away hours writing books.

I did not want any type of leadership position. I was just a person who happened to have had a hand in finding help for the rest of the plan survivors. Just a person who happened to somehow give a bunch of shifters a small glimmer of hope simply by being kidnapped and auctioned off to the man who was apparently made for me. But somehow I did become someone who was needed.

So, I would not simply get hung up on trying to settle down when there were so many things that needed to be done.

This was my world now. I mean, I got here somehow by crashing a plane. There were no planes for me to get on to try and crash back in time. Though I didn't particularly want to try and live through a second plane crash.

Also, I meant what I said to Jonah earlier. But, it didn't mean I had to exactly sit back and get used to all of the bad things in this new world of mine.

Like the stupid 'Gathering' thing. I was not dumb enough to assume I would be able to do anything about it. Especially since it was not just something that happened here, but everywhere.