Pilot

A/N: BEFORE YOU READ!!!!!! This is just a test chapter! I have had such a difficult time writing and thinking about how to do this story, and this is something I came up with, and I wanna know what you guys think about it before I do anymore of this. If this chapter is received well I'm going to re-title is as chapter 1 and will continue on so forth. I REALLY want feed back on this book, it's something I find really interesting and I love 'Demon Slayer'. So please let me know what you think, what you want me to add or fix, and I'll accommodate to those requests. Thank you guys! Bye!

During this time period, the 'Tasisho Period', humans were continuing to develop and advanced their civilizations and technology. Bigger cities were built, new inventions were being created, and so were the people. Still early in advancements however, a lot of old traditions and villages still remained, along with the vast country that remained untouched from technological advancements. One thing tat had remained for over a century however, that has humanity still at threat, were the demons that continued to hunt and prey on the lives of many, mostly the innocent. To counter this threat however, a regime soon turned into an army that was unacknowledged by its government, was born. They are called the Demon Slayers. Highly trained swordsmen who travel the vast lands in search of Demons who terrorize the lives of humans. Demon Slayers are accustomed with similar uniforms no matter the gender. The uniforms were sewn and weaved together with a special fiber that are breathable and easy to maneuver in and is strong enough to withstand the claws of lower level demons. Uniforms could also be customized to however the wearer likes. The final staple of the Demon Slayer is the Nichirin Sword they must carry on their person. These swords are only obtained when one passes the 'Final Selection' process and becomes a member of the Demon Slayer Corps. Ranks among the corps are in order--Kinoe, Kinuto, Hinoe, Hinoto, Tsuchinoe, Tsuchinoto, Kanoe, Kanoto, Mizue, Mizunoto--being the lowest rank. The highest rank achievable for a Demon Slayer is known as 'Hashira', an expert swordsman who receive orders directly from the Master and take on missions that would be too difficult for a group of lower ranking swordsmen. Just now even, a member of the Hashira's was sent out on a mission to a village Southwest. News was received that demon corpses kept popping up on roads late at night even though there were no Demon Slayers sent out to the Southwest to anyone's prior knowledge. Right now, it is the evening as a female Hashira wearing a purple butterfly ornament in her hair, sported the Demon Slayer's uniform, and a white haori with a butterfly wing pattern, which faded into a turquoise and then pink color down the sleeves, which are cuffed with a black and white dotted trim, and white sandals with purple straps. This was Kocho Shinobu, the Insect Hashira.

"It is quite strange that the corpses of demons are just randomly appearing out of no where, but still having demons be slain so that they cannot enter the village would seem like something to be at ease about. It is strange that no Demon Slayer is stationed here, so who could be destroying these demons?" Shinobu wondered with a smile while walking down a path while a small team of Slayers tiredly trailed behind her as the village came into view.

As she came near the entrance of the village she saw that there was almost no one roaming around the village. As she came to a stop near a small home however, she heard an assortment of running footsteps as she turned towards the path on her right to see two men and one woman running in her direction as there was a strange roar that resonated from the direction they came from.

"Run! A demon is in the village!" One of the men said as the three ran pass Shinobu.

"Oh my, it seems that I may not even have to time take a small rest." Shinobu said as she unsheathed her poison-coated blade and jumped high into the air to land on top of the wood home she was next to.

As she jumped from one wood house to the other the noise of a demon roaring grew louder and louder. As she jumped one more house and looked down towards her left to the path in front of her, she had a perplexed look when she saw the demon. This demon was about six feet tall wit a very muscular build as its eyes glowed red and it had long grey hair. It wore torn red pants and no shirt, but what intrigued Shinobu the most was that it was covered in blood and was missing an arm.