𝐈𝐈. EXPELLED

CHAPTER TWOEXPELLED

CHAPTER TWO
EXPELLED

§ § §

"Oh, that's absolute bullsh-"

"Rubbish." Harry cut me off, sending me a deadly glare. I huffed and rolled my eyes. Dudley had just blamed Harry and I for being the cause of his disheveled state. Even if he can't see him, he should still know it wasn't us.

I winced as Vernon stood to start making a move towards us, but he was stopped by an owl flying in and dropping a letter on the couch. I moved to pick it up, but it floated into the air by itself. My eyes widened.  Only howlers did that.

The envelope formed a face and turned to speak to Harry and I. I shared a look with him and frowned.

"Dear Mr. and Miss. Potter," A woman's voice began, "The Ministry has received intelligence that at 6:23 this evening, you two performed the Patronus charm in the presence of a muggle. As a clear violation of the decree for the reasonable restriction of underage sorcery, you are both hereby expelled from Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry."

My lips parted, but nothing came out. If my heart stopped, it was then that it did. Expelled? There was no bloody way.

"Hoping you are well, Mafalda Hopkirk." The Howler finished, then tore itself into pieces.

Vernon stepped towards us, an evil grin on his face. "Justice," he smirked. I glared daggers at him.

Without another word, I stormed up the stairs and into Harry and I's room, slamming the door behind me. I got out a quill, ink, and parchment, and, without caring who would read it, began writing.

draco malfoy

I'm bloody expelled! Expelled for saving my own goddam life and my stupid cousin's!

Giovanna's angry handwriting stained my vision as I dropped the letter on my desk and as my face contorted to an expression of pure anger. I ran a stressed hand through my messy hair, grabbed the letter, and stormed out of my room, down to the living room where my parents sat.

I held it up as I glared at my father. "Expelled. Giovanna's expelled because she performed a Patronus charm-"

He cut me off. "Well, of course. Underage sorcery calls for expulsion-"

I stopped him and spoke through gritted teeth, anger practically steaming off of me. "Why do you think she needed to cast the spell, father?"

Mother glanced at my father, then at me. "Whatever do you mean, Draco?"

"Dementors!" I exclaimed, the paper wrinkling in my clenched fist. "There were dementors right by her aunt and uncle's house, right outside when she was! There to attack her." I watched as my father's face tightened. "What was she supposed to do, let it kill her?"

When my mother looked down and my father scoffed, my eyes widened and I shook my head, glaring at my father. "You knew, didn't you?"

"Draco-" He began.

"No!" I exclaimed. "You sent them, didn't you? Or one of the Death Eaters? Or one of You-Know-Who's followers?" My father didn't answer so I looked to Mother, who nodded slightly.

"But, Draco, you must understand-" Mother tried, but I was already backing up.

"No. No, mother, father, you have to understand. You have to understand that I love her. And if she were to die tonight, so would I." I glared at them. "She's the only person that means anything to me."

I turned and hurried back to my room, grabbing paper and a quill to write back to her. I was going to find a way to help her at her hearing. There's no way I could attend Hogwarts without her.

Dear Serpent Girl...