𝐗𝐗𝐈𝐈. SENTIMENTAL

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWOSENTIMENTAL

CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO
SENTIMENTAL

§ § §

A few days later I was walking along one of Hogwarts' bridges with Ron, Harry, and Hermione when we heard, "Pst!"

We looked around until we saw Hagrid ducking suspiciously near the doorway. He beckoned us to follow him, and we did. He led us all the way down, past his house, to the forest. Only when we'd been walking for so long was when I began to worry.

"No idea where he's taking us," Ron said, voicing my thoughts.

"Hagrid, why can't you just tell us?" Harry asked.

Hagrid stopped walking, causing us to stop, as many pairs of angry hooves ran past us quickly. I was surprised to see the centaurs so mad.

"I've never seen the centaurs so riled!" Hagrid exclaimed. "They're dangerous at the best of times. If the Ministry restricts their territory much more, they're gonna have a full uprising on their hands."

"Hagrid, what's going on?" Hermione asked worriedly.

"Sorry to be so mysterious, you four, I wouldn't be bothering you at all with it, but... with Dumbledore gone, I'll likely be getting the sack any day now. And I just couldn't leave without telling someone about him." Hagrid told us.

Before we had the chance to ask who, a giant revealed himself from behind a tree. Yes, a real giant. Not a big scary leader one, but still, a giant. His back was to us.

"Grawpy!" Hagrid called. "Down here, you great bafoon!" The giant turned to face us. "Grawpy, I brought you some company."

The giant was still before he began coming at us with quick steps, forcing us to walk quickly backwards to avoid getting trampled. Just before he caught up to us, he was stopped by the rope tied around his waist and tied to the tree behind him.

"I couldn't just leave him because- because he's my brother!" Hagrid told us.

"Blimey," Ron breathed.

"Well, half brother, really. But he's completely harmless, just like I said! Little... high-spirited is all!" Hagrid told us as we backed further away from the giant.

"We haven't forgotten the story you told us about the giant ripping off the other giant's head, you know," I said, glaring at Hagrid, who shook his head.

"No, he's not like the others! He's much nicer."

However, just then, Hermione tripped as she was walking back, and Grawp leaned forward, grabbing her around her waist and holding her up high in the air.

"Hagrid, do something!" Ron exclaimed.

"Grawpy, we talked about this! You do not grab, do you?" Hagrid tried scolding the giant. I glanced nervously at Hermione, who was still suspended in midair. "That's your new friend Hermione!"