𝐗𝐈. THREE WORDS

CHAPTER ELEVENTHREE WORDS

CHAPTER ELEVEN
THREE WORDS

§ § §

A few weeks later, something rather exciting happened in the midst of boring November. Draco and I had been sitting in the Great Hall, trying to get work done, when a bunch of students noisily passed by to the courtyard.

"What in Merlin's beard is that all about?" I muttered, shoving my books into my bag and hurrying out of the Hall, Draco close behind.

We found Eli walking with a crowd of first years surrounding him. "Eli!" I called, getting his attention. I smirked and looked at the children.

"Madam Hooch told me to take them to the Great Hall, but I want to see what all the commotion is about. So, I'm taking them there." He smirked back.

"What a fine professor you make, Jones." Draco teased.

"The best." Eli said, flipping invisible long hair. His hair hung lazily over his forehead- a brown curly mess.

"So, you don't know what's going on either, then?" I asked, shoving first years out of the way as I walked next to Eli. Draco did the same, walking on the other side of me.

"Nope. Though I heard some whispers in the halls on the way here it's got to do with Trelawney." He shrugged.

We rounded the corner and stood along the edge of the open hall, surrounded by what seemed like the whole school. We all watched as Trelawney stood in front of Umbridge on the stony- and now empty- courtyard.

My eyes scanned the crowd and landed on Harry next to Ron and Hermione across the way. I tilted my head at the scene and he simply shrugged. Filch was now carrying and setting down packed suitcases next to Trelawney.

"Oh my..." I whispered.

"She's been sacked!" Draco exclaimed in a rather loud whisper. I glared up at him, and he pressed his lips together, shutting up.

Trelawney stepped forward in front of Umbridge. "Sixteen years I've lived and taught here. Hogwarts is my home," Her voice wavered and tears filled her eyes. I may not care much for Divination or Trelawney herself, but I felt bad for her. "You can't do this!"

"Actually, I can," Umbridge held up a paper- most likely another one of her stupid decrees allowing her to do way more than she should on Hogwarts grounds.

"I hate that woman," I said through gritted teeth, subconsciously running my fingers across my scar from her detention.

"Preach, sister," Eli held his hand up for a high-five, which many of the first years gave him before I could even lift my own hand.

Just then, McGonagall rushed forward past Harry, Ron, and Hermione, and hurried next to Trelawney.

Giovanna. I think we should tell Dumbledore what happened in Umbridge's office. Or at least try to talk to him. I looked up at Harry, who was looking at me. I then looked at Umbridge.