𝐗𝐈𝐕. PAINFUL SCARS

CHAPTER FOURTEENPAINFUL SCARS

CHAPTER FOURTEEN
PAINFUL SCARS

§ § §

"Umbridge has been reading your mail, Harry. There's no other explanation." Hermione said, shaking her head. We were in Charms class, and Hermione was explaining what had happened to the three Gryffindors last night.

Sirius was talking to them through the fireplace, per usual, when he disappeared and a hand appeared. One that was very similar to Umbridge's.

"So, you think she knows about Sirius?" I asked quietly and nervously.

"Yes. Watch your frog," Hermione pointed across the table.

"Accio," I called, and it came flying back into my hand. "If she caught him..."

"He'd probably be back in Azkaban this morning." Harry finished, waving his wand, clearly stressed. His frog swelled and began making a high-pitched whistling noise.

"Silencio!" Hermione silenced the frog.

"I don't reckon he'll risk it again. He's daring, but not stupid. He knows she nearly got him." Ron told us.

After Charms was over, the four of us made our way to a crowded classroom for the rest of the break. We would've gone outside, but it was pouring rain. We made our way to one of the corners, taking seats against the window.

Angelina Johnson came rushing over to Ron and Harry, talking about their quidditch team, so I turned my attention to the window, frowning.

Would Umbridge read Harry's mail?

Yes, yes she would.

Later that evening, I was laying on a couch in the Slytherin common room, watching Harry's quidditch team practice outside. I was anxiously waiting for our practices to begin.

I was brought back to reality by a searing pain in my lighting-shaped scar, one worse than I've ever felt. 

"Shit!" I exclaimed, gripping my forearm with my other hand. Draco, Eli, Pansy, and Blaise, who had been sitting around me, all looked over at me with worried expressions.

"Are you alright?" Draco asked.

"Mhm," I nodded, the pain so bad I could barely speak. "Cut myself..."

"Let me see," Draco reaches his hand out, but I stood up abruptly.

"I'm just going to go... see Madam Pompfrey really quickly. Be right back," I said, and ran out of the room before anyone could ask anything else.

As I made my way to the entrance of the school, where Harry and Ron would be coming inside, I thought about what just happened.

It's not secret that Voldemort has been in my head quite a few times now, but this time it felt like I was inside his.