7.

Arlo's POV

"But I didn't really find anything that related to a reason why he hid his ability... It really makes me wonder... Was it because of his past...? Eh, I could wait!" I heard Seraphina mumble quietly beside a corner... For real I didn't even stalk her I was going to the convenient store...

But now this has me curious... Does that new kid have an ability?! Why would he lie then?! Wait... So does that Seraphina is being some sort of spy and trying to get him into the hierarchy! That would explain the sudden mood change but then again... How does she know about his ability... And what if it's not an act...? I should be able to get info from Isen about Seraphina at least soon.

I continued my walk back to the convenient store to grab some drinks and a bag of chips.

Isen is busy getting info on Seraphina and I don't know how long that would take so I'll try to take handle things with that delusional shithead. I put my hands in my pockets and continue walking coming up with a plan.

Time skip to the next day.

Seraphina's POV

Walking into the lunchroom looking to meeting up with Evie!

I got close to John so I should try and get close to Evie now, walking through the lunchroom watching as people get out of my general sight opening up a way for me to walk.

I shrug it off and continued walking before finally finding Evie alone, I walk up to her quietly walking up behind her before suddenly laying my hands on her shoulders surprising her. I smile "Hey Evie." I said jokingly, she snaps her head over to me before widening her eyes.

"S-Seraphina?!" She yelled causing tons of students to look at us, I quickly took notice looking around the cafeteria. 

"Hey hey hey hey, shoosh let's go to the roof," I said quickly trying to not get attention on her, she is one of the types to be ashamed of the attention it'd be harder... Grabbing her I quickly left the cafeteria quickly before rumors started, I don't want people to target her...

After a bit of jogging, we arrived and I unfroze time, Evie stayed relatively quiet... I guess it's her own confidence problems, she brought that up confidence once before, didn't she?  

I sigh before falling onto the ground laying against the fence. It's going to be hard to become friends with her.

Silence fills the air as Evie awkwardly shifts around where she stands "S-So how do you even know my name..." Evie asks me nervously which makes me tense, what am I suppose to say for this?! U-Uh.

"E-erm Someone told me your name," I stated which is kinda true since Arlo in my time told me her name.

"O-Oh..." She stifled, Scared even, I sigh, Ironic that my power is making this harder.

Suddenly the thought of Roland popped into my head I wonder how he's doing. "By the way Evie how is Roland doing?" I ask but she seems... Shocked...

"H-How do you know about him...? Y-You never met him..." She asks widening her eyes, in turn, I widen my eyes, Argh how could I be that careless?! I keep mixing up time zones!

"U-Uh let's just say a friend told me of him..." I say which doesn't sound too convincing... Damn, that hickup ruined my momentum!

She hesitantly nodded continuing to stand which I eyeball her confused why she would continue to stand...

"Ya know you can sit down right...?" I ask trying to uplift the mood now, She becomes surprised before nodding and taking a seat... like 10 feet away from me.

"...You can sit beside me you know? I'm fine with that." I said calmly trying not to give her more fear than she was already in, she seemed hesitant as if she doesn't want to try anything... Almost as if she feels like she has to...

"I'm not forcing you to do anything!" I said raising my hands in the air in defense.

She doesn't seem convinced before curling up into a ball laying her head on her knees. I take a deep sigh, this is going to be more difficult than I thought.

When suddenly the bell rang, Welp I guess its already time... 

Wait... Isn't today where I get to be John's project partner?! I could get closer at least, "U-Uh Goodbye!" Evie said before running off of the roof... Argh, moving on, I get up off the roof before moving towards the door and saw John about to enter the classroom.

I move quickly towards him before tapping his shoulder, he Jumps in surprise before snapping his head towards me looking at me sternly before noticing me. "Oh, It's you," John says, as his face turns into a neutral one now.

"Yup! By the way, did you hear that there is a project today?" I ask him, he puts his hand on his chin trying to remember something before nodding over so later. "Watch I bet you 8$ that we're going to be partners I said, I grin widely. 

"Ehhh how about over to Woaba Boba instead-but You're on!" He said challengingly, oh how this John is the same John I knew since the beginning, but I guess this is only the start of a long adventure...

(Thank you for reading! Please vote it motivates me :3 913 Words)