12.

(I'm so tired, my eyes are just bleeding red, Btw sorry about post times I have a plan for this entire story but I just don't know how to write it down)

Seraphina's POV

I lean against the wall beside the entrance of the stairs after I finish helping Evie. Contemplating everything.

I need to stop being so... Lenient... Careless. I doubt Arlo doesn't have some sort of a plan! I need to become more focused! This may affect, and destroy my entire chance! This once in a lifetime chance, being put back in time... 

I sigh and waited a minute... I'll find Arlo once the bell rings, and On cue, the bell rings. I push myself off the wall and start my search, every second feeling like minutes, Tens of minutes, I become increasingly impatient, scared that he'd get to class before I find him.

After about 2 minutes I gave up and froze time in case he was close to his class.

...

After a few minutes in my time, I look out a window to see Arlo in the west courtyard...

Taking a little detour, are we?

I quickly move and down the stairs to get to the courtyard...

What could Arlo possibly be trying to gain by getting friendly with John though...

When suddenly a memory pops into my head.

I saw John. From my timeline at least... He looked serious with true emotion in his eyes... Anger "But I never expected... That even after everything, he would stab me in the back. He took me to a secluded site and two of his goons ambushed me! They beat me up and told me to act my level."

...Was that the truth...? He's said it himself he's good with secrets... 

I sigh in despair... I... I don't know... 

...

I walk into the courtyard staring at Arlo's back as if it had something horrible on it, I walk closer before moving in front of Arlo, time still frozen... Seeing that memory back there... Makes his face real punchable... But I've got to control myself!

I unfreeze time but what I hadn't considered... Was Arlo was walking and I unfroze time, Arlo ran into me toppling to the ground on top of me injuring me slightly. What is he made out of?! Steal?!

Arlo pushes himself slightly above me, our faces less than a foot apart his arms between my arm and armpit. 

We gaze into each other's eyes for a minute, soon after I realize the position us two were in, I flush red, and seeing he wasn't moving, I activate my ability and quickly punch the side of his face knocking him a few feet off me onto the ground a couple of feet away before depowering.

I get off the ground standing up, looking towards the school building to see dozens of students staring at us.

Goddammit, people saw what happened, people are going to spread rumors of us two! Ugh! The last person I would want to be with would be with him!

I shake my head as if trying to shake the thought out of my head. After a minute I turn to Arlo to see him clutching the side of his face where I punched still on the ground. I walk over to him taking slow and steady steps.

He seemed to have panicked but tried to cover it up trying to seem fearless... But I can see through him, not like I need to.

"Arlo what're you planning with John!" I yelled, luckily no one was around so no one heard me, I quickly gripped the collar of his shirt, demanding answers.

"What're you talking about!" He fired back quickly without fear... Did I read him wrong...? He could've sworn he was scared...

"I saw that you've been trying to get close to John!" I stated anger overfill me, does he not see that I knew?!

"..." He stayed silent for a minute before responding.

"...You hypocritical Idiot Seraphina! You're going insane!" Arlo said in a backlash surprising me, and to add fuel to the fire, Arlo quickly grabs my wrist and harshly pushes my grip away from his collar overpowering me in almost an instant...

He lets go after my hand was far enough away from him, he gets off the ground, being taller he stands above me trying to seem intimidating I guess...

He started walking away, my eyes widen. No!

"Arlo gets your ass back here we're not done yet" I yelled in anger which seemed to have gotten to his nerves.

He stops in his tracks for a minute before continuing walking and what seemed to be a mumble I heard... "And for a matter of fact... All this John bullshit was unintentional" I heard from Arlo... So was... John lying when he said Arlo had backstabbed him...?

All I can say from this whole encounter with Arlo is... Arlo really has some balls.

(Thank you for reading! Please vote it motivates me :3 840 Words)