32.

John's POV

I use Cecile's ability to make a lasso, I lashing it at Arlo making a loud sound, he doesn't activate his ability blocking it with his arm ripping some skin off, blood starts to come out almost immediately... Good, it can hurt his passive, which means he'd be forced to use his ability. I grin seeing it but suddenly the lasso wraps around Arlo's arm getting it stuck.

Arlo quickly takes advantage before pulling his arm away from me knocking me off balance pulling me, I quickly let go making the lasso disappear.

Arlo's eyes panic a little, he bites his lip... What is his plan?

Instead of making another lasso I create torn like ropes, I shoot them at Arlo. He blocks them with his arm, he flinches in pain... He still refuses to use his ability...

Even though he's in so much pain? I thought, raising my eyebrow through the mask.

Suddenly he starts running towards me!! I panic before creating another lasso, I throw it at him, he quickly backs off a little blocking it with his arm again getting it to wrap around it, he does the same move pulling his arm away from me pulling me along with him, I lose balance but this time I couldn't catch myself.

I fall to the ground, I quickly try to pull myself up but before I could my back hits something hard, I look over to see a yellow sphere around me stopping me from getting up...

So this was his plan? Get me to the ground so he could crush me with the minimum time...

Brilliant...

But most times Power out matches strategy. I thought before copying his ability putting down a barrier of my own stopping himself from getting crushed...

Damnit it's going to take a bit to push back the barrier! He can come over and injure me!

I start pushing the barrier back, I look over to Arlo to see him rushing over to me... Damnit!

Suddenly a beam came out of nowhere hitting one of my pressure points... Damn that hurt, I start elbowing the barrier pushing my back against it, I arrive at crouching height to see Arlo in front of me. 

He takes the chance and kicks at me but forgets... He starts punching my barrier cracking it slightly...

Another beam shoots through a window hitting my leg again, hitting another pressure point, I collapse slightly before getting back up.

I know where you are now...

I don't have many powerful abilities with me right now, I start getting enough space that I can use Cecile's ability.

I create another lasso before hitting the barrier with it leaving cracks on it, I use it again shattering the barrier on the second hit.

I create ropes around Arlo immobilizing him, he falls to the ground trying to untie himself but before he could, I throw a kick knocking him to the wall of the school.

I clench my fist in anger.

Suddenly another beam came out through the window hitting the palm of my hand... Damnit that hurts...! I look to where the beam came from, instead of pursuing Arlo... I've got to deal with this nuisance.

I start to scale the wall but suddenly lightning covers the wall electrocuting me, it didn't hurt much with Arlo's passive but it did cause some problems making me fail the scaling the wall.

I fall back down to earth, seeing this fall was a little dangerous, the moment I touch the ground I quickly did a roll getting me safely on the ground.