From Dusk Till Dawn

As soon as the subject escaped we were sent word. It put a hitch in our plans but the General was certain Jisoo could track her down again and bring her in. Jisoo has proven herself again and again, so I believe the subject will be apprehended. Sandara has promised there will be minimal damage and no casualties, but I'm not so sure about that promise. The subject is unbelievable and slippery, according to her file. None of my colleagues are entirely sure how much of the file is fact or fiction so we've collectively decided to take it all at face value. We want this dangerous subject in our hands and not out on the streets.

--

A whole week- searching through three states and combing through dozens of cities- and the subject has yet to be apprehended. Reports that have been given to me are useless when all they outline are expenses, time wasted, and general incompetence. My patience is vast, but pressure from up high has me on edge. I'm only a Watcher, yet am treated like someone out in the field. I have no control over what happens up top. I analyze and give reports, make things happen under the radar, whisper in powerful ears. I am no soldier. I can't get the subject here any faster, and I've certainly tried with what little reach I'm afforded.

So between updates from Sandara and conferring with the other two Watchers, I walk the halls of the Facility and make sure everything runs smoothly since that I can control. I know every nook and cranny better than anyone else, more so since I simply moved down here instead of commuting from up top. I don't have friends, anyway, so moving down here seemed smart. There's no mortgage to pay and work is just down the hall. The sun is missed, sure, but I could easily travel up top if I feel the need to absorb vitamin D straight from the source rather than via a pill.

While I'm taking stock of the Facility's soldiers and experiments, I finally, thankfully, get the summons I've been waiting for. On alert, I rush to the proper reinforced holding cell, originally designed to hold Jisoo, and meet the other two Watchers there. Their faces are as serious as I feel.

The three of us huddle into 'the looking glass', the room hidden behind the cell, the fourth wall shared with the cell but only able to be seen as a screen from our side, and we take our seats. As per usual I'm seated between Choi Hyunsuk and Seungri, our roles subconsciously coming to light. In a sense Seungri is our leader, his seniority over us obvious, while I have a fairly decent amount of power and knowledge, much more than Hyunsuk, who's the newest at it all.

Hyunsuk taps away at his pad, his connection to his branch, while Seungri sits his pad, much bigger than Hyunsuk's, on his lap and waits. When the subject is checked in and processed, her vitals and other such things will show up real time on the device so we can see. As for me, my opinions are the most important. Seeing things the others don't is what I do. I may not have the last word on things but I can sway most people with my skill.

"They're bringing her in," Hyunsuk informs us, his finger sliding across his pad. My eyes study his device for a moment before I focus on the wall connecting this room to the subject's. I recommended she remains in it for her time with us, and I was listened to, unsurprisingly. I also recommended she be kept under and out of it as much as possible, at least until we can run diagnostics on her. There's no room for her to be underestimated.

After a few minutes Sandara walks into the looking glass, alone, and she takes a comfortable stance behind us. I'm the only one to swivel my chair to face her, always the one to be expected to interact with others. It's obvious that my femininity is responsible for expectations like these but I have yet to make a complaint about it. "Problems?" I ask.

Sandara adjusts her glasses. "None. No collateral damage or casualties." Seungri grunts and I shift in my seat. "Jisoo?" I inquire.

"Up top."