I See You

Lisa's side looks like a large cat got at it and there's a small rash covering her arm and neck. It's not bad, barely there, but still. It's not exciting to wake up to your girlfriend hurt and blabbering about pixie parties or something.

"I can't believe you left in the middle of the night," I murmur, gently covering Lisa's scratches with antibiotic cream. She's sitting on the edge of the tub, holding up her shirt for me. "I can't believe you didn't wake me, at least." That little monster that continues to make me believe that Lisa will slowly drift away from me rears its ugly head but I bite it back to focus on my work.

Lisa twitches when I poke her too hard, and I apologize. "I couldn't let them suffer," she says, looking down at my fingers as they move. "They needed me, and you needed the sleep. I thought it would help with your strange feelings but..." She trails off..

I sigh and finish up but remain on my knees. "Did you at least help them all?"

"Yes," she says, putting down her shirt. "Oh, and Sorn wanted me to tell you that she was wrong. I don't know about what but I assume you do. Do you?"

Sorn and I only talked about one thing- Lisa's possible pulling away from me. So, she thinks she was wrong. I wonder why. "What did you two talk about?"

Lisa stands and moves to the bathroom sink to look at her rash in the mirror. "She was upset because a human had broken her heart in the past and didn't want the same to happen to me. I told her it was silly."

"Oh?" I take Lisa's seat on the edge of the tub and watch her poke the side of her neck.

"Mhm. I like you and you like me right now so why worry about something that hasn't happened, or might never? It's silly, I say. Fears like that only ensure the worst will occur. I've seen it a thousand times."

Lisa's words sink in, and I realize how ridiculous I've been making myself feel. Lisa experiences things in the moment the majority of the time. She likes me, a lot if our history has anything to say about it, and that's the end of it in her mind. There is no fear of those feelings fading for her.

I stand and throw myself into Lisa's back, careful of her wounds as I wrap my arms around her, and mumble, "I'm sorry I've been acting so weird. You're right."

"I'm right?"

"Very."

Lisa turns around in my arms and there's a confused look on her face, but she accepts my words and says, "Okay."

I plant a firm kiss on her lips and she hums in delight, grabbing my hips to bring me closer. "I think I have some rash cream, too," I tell her when I pull back.

"Thank you. Oh, I almost forgot. I invited Bambam's pack to Boonluang's baseball game."

I rear back, surprised. "Seriously? You don't think that's a little weird?" Aside from Bambam's pack being virtual strangers, the game is later today and that's short notice for anyone.

"Why?"

"Well, for starters, Boonluang doesn't know them."

"I'm sure he'd be happy to have a bigger group cheering for him."

"Okay, and his mom? I think she's already concerned most of his friends are adults. I caught her once and, honestly..." Boonluang's mom is a nice woman, very lovely, but she definitely knows her son isn't popular with kids his own age. She has enough trouble with work and all. I mean, I've only met her once and it was pure accident, and only because Lisa was in medical and I did nothing but roam the building like a ghost.

"Bambam and his pack will leave if she's truly uncomfortable," Lisa assures me.

I shoot her a look, unsure. "Okay... but you're going to have to apologize to her if that's the case."