Fluffy Like Cotton Candy

The incident last night had me making calls to the General and a few other people to make sure that Lisa, Rosé, and I were kept out of any reports. The robber himself hadn't really seen anything concerning Lisa, but he did hear us talking around him. The General assured me that that wasn't going to be a problem. The whole situation was fairly easy to resolve, though that neighbor boy was a little harder to convince to keep quiet. I wasn't going to silence him, not the way that some people would like, so I sent Lisa to talk to him instead. She came back home a few minutes later with assurances that the boy, Boonluang, wouldn't tell anyone anything. I don't know if I trust Boonluang but I do trust Lisa. Especially since she somehow seems to make friends with anyone. That much was clear to me when Rosé explained the events leading up to the incident.

"Is this good?" Lisa asks from her perch at the top of the ladder. She's been installing ceiling fans in all the rooms, and is now doing the living room's. With her attitude sweet as cherry pie thanks to last night, I selfishly took advantage of it to get some chores around the apartment done. Ceiling fans aren't even necessary, but I like the look and extra light.

"Or do you like the other color?" She flips one of the blades in her grip over to show a lighter shade of brown.

"That's great," I tell her, finishing up some paperwork graciously given to me on a trip to the Facility. Apparently my status as a caretaker doesn't absolve me from my past duties. Either that or they haven't replaced me down there yet.

The dome that covers and protects the light bulbs tips off the top of the ladder and I reach forward out of instinct even though I'm far from it. Without moving her eyes from her task, Lisa catches the dome deftly and continues adjusting the fan's blades. It's impressive, and I shake my head, wondering why I even bothered worrying. Lisa is the most capable person I know.

Arm muscles bulging, Lisa finishes with the blades then twists in the light bulbs before putting the dome into place. I watch her finish the job then lean back to look over her handiwork.

"It looks good," I say, putting all my paperwork into a single, unmarked folder. I've been working on it all day and am glad to be done.

"That was the last one," she declares, jumping off the ladder to the floor. "Is there anything else you want me to do?"

"No, not right now. But I really appreciate you helping me today."

Lisa smiles wide and if she had a tail I'm sure it would be wagging and knocking things over. "I like helping."

"I know." Getting up, I stuff the folder into the kitchen drawer designated as the junk drawer. There's not much junk in it yet so the folder slides in nicely. "How would you like to come out with me today?" On my outings I usually go to the Facility to get some work done or speak one on one with the General about the perfect mission to send Lisa on for her first time without supervision. We've finally selected one but it's not active for two more days. So, I want to take Lisa out to have a little fun beforehand. If she succeeds on her solo mission, she's going to be sent out more often. We may not get another chance to relax without interruption before things get intense.

"I'd very much like that," Lisa says cheerily. "Can I change?"

"Yeah, of course." The clothes she's wearing right now are minimal, and they would get her a lot of attention thanks to how cut and trimmed she is. Men and women would love her, I'm sure. But I'd rather her cover up, if only to mask her scars. Perhaps I could get some cream to lighten them...

"Where are we going?" Lisa asks as she stuffs her arms into a jacket. She's put on jeans, too. The woman is quick.

"I'm not sure yet, honestly," I admit. I don't know of anything happening around the city right now but I'm certain we can find something entertaining to do. It's not all that late, the sun is still out. It should be for at least another hour or so.