New Assignment

Finally, thankfully, my cast is gone and my leg is getting much needed fresh air. It's only been three days but I can walk with only minimal pain, mostly cramps, and my ribs are better, too. Any bruises or cuts I received in the accident are gone and I feel a million times better. Honestly, that serum should be made commercially available.

Lisa has been an angel throughout my recovery. She's cooked for me, prepared my baths, and helped me around even when it wasn't necessary. She attempted to dress and shower me the first night but I shut that down immediately. It's bad enough I have unresolved feelings about her. I didn't want her to see me naked and vulnerable, too. Especially when all I'd be doing is fantasizing about her doing something naughty about my vulnerable nakedness.

Fresh out of the shower and dressed, I wobble to the kitchen for breakfast, but swerve to the living room to relax my leg. There's a cramp in my calf starting and I don't want to make it worse.

"May I?" Lisa asks, suddenly kneeling before me. It's scary when she does that, appears somewhere like a magician, and I always jump or gasp.

I did both just now. "Yeah..." I mumble, not sure what she wants to do.

Handing me a glass of water I didn't know she brought, she says, "Drink this," then picks up my cramping leg and places my ankle on her knee. "Water is good for combating cramps," she says as she carefully begins to massage my calf. "As are bananas. I can make you banana pancakes if you like them."

I sip at my water as I watch Lisa push my pajama pant leg up to my thigh to better get at my full calf. I haven't been wearing anything other than pajamas to make things easier for myself and I'm glad. Lisa has the magic touch.

"No, that's okay," I tell her, putting the glass of water on the coffee table. I relax into the couch cushions and my head falls back. "I'll eat whatever you've already made." When we first met I never would have thought she'd touch me this way, but now it's not a surprise. She's been doing things like this more often than I'd like to admit. I've been letting her more often than I'd like to admit.

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah," I moan as she hits a sensitive spot and I shut my eyes in contentment. My cramp is already gone but I don't want her to stop.

But she does, at least for a second. Then she continues again. "I'm glad you can walk again."

"Tired of lugging me around?"

"...Never."

I open my eyes and look at Lisa, but she's turned her head from me. She stops her ministrations on my calf and stands. "I'll bring you your breakfast."

I get a glimpse of her eyes as she glances at me before turning to the kitchen, and I find them glowing softly. My stomach tightens and that damned dream of mine flashes in my head. Lisa falters in her steps, a barely audible growl coming from her, and I bite my lip. She's feeling what I'm feeling.

"My breakfast?" I ask, calming my body down. This is not the time to let myself act like a stupid hormonal teenager.

Lisa shivers then fetches me a plate. She brings it to me along with a tall glass of apple juice, my favorite, then stands back and watches me, waiting. I've gotten used to being waited on by her like that but I know it'll stop soon now that I'm getting better. Or maybe it won't. She was always willing to be by my side 24/7 but I wouldn't let her. I was never the type to need someone. I was always independent, even as a kid. That's probably why I worked so well at the Facility.

"I'll get it," Lisa says suddenly. She zooms off towards my room, leaving me to eat and wonder what she's going to get. It's only a second later that she returns with my cell, the sleek machine vibrating and singing for my attention. I chew the food in my mouth quickly and swallow as I take the cell from Lisa's offered hand.