First Job

The file insinuates that this particular outing, our first official one, will be low stress and simple. The target is barely on the radar, which makes for a perfect first time for Lisa. If something goes wrong the consequences will be unsubstantial and the mess will be swept away with ease.

As soon as I told the General that Lisa was fully prepared to remain up top, he gave me this file. All I have to do is inform Lisa about what we have to do and we're all set. Sandara and Jisoo are already aware, seeing as they'll be coming along as back up and support, and also as the General's extra pair of eyes to report back to him later.

I knock on Lisa's bedroom door and call out for her to ask if she's dressed yet. I've already told her she needed to change because we're going somewhere a little later tonight, but I didn't tell her where. That probably wasn't nice but I assume it'll be easier to get her out of the house for this if she's already dressed and ready to go. She can refuse, though, if she doesn't like what she has to do. But then I will have to tell the General that she's uncooperative. That will definitely cause trouble.

"Where are we going?" Lisa asks as she opens her bedroom door. She's pulling down the hem of her dress, the tight garment rolling high around her muscular thighs. It fits her like a catsuit and I'm left speechless for a moment. I've only ever seen Lisa in casual clothes, conservative and prim. But now...

Whoa. Her new haircut gives her outfit a whole different level of elegant and even her collar seems like a sleek, well thought out accessory if you don't look too closely. It's plain to see why others wanted her in the past. That and the will-do-whatever-you-say thing, but that's not relevant at the moment. She simply cleans up well.

"Jennie?" Lisa calls for me, worried. She shifts her feet, the heels adorning them showing off her calves.

I suck in a breath and smile. "Yes, right," I say, blowing out air. "Come on, I'll show you." I lead Lisa to the kitchen where I've left the file the General gave me and open it up for her. I've thought out how I want to tell her what she's expected to do, and I decided that I'd let her read the file. She understands facts the easiest, so that's what I'm going to give her.

"Read this and tell me what you think," I tell her, pushing the file across the island to her.

She puckers her lips and stares down at the file before her. "Okay."

Leaning my butt against the counter opposite the island, I fix my dress, better covering my bosom, then wait. I'm dressed just as nicely as Lisa, going into the same environment she is, but I don't feel as confident as she clearly does. She didn't trip up once in her heels and her posture is poised, predatory almost. Even reading she seems in her element. It's strange, actually. Usually she's so nervous around me. The knowledge of going out and being allowed to dress up must have a positive effect on her.

"This is not a very good man," Lisa says after some time, making me jump.

"He's not," I agree, holding onto the counter behind me.

"You want me to kill him?" The question is asked with no surprise or disgust. A simple, straightforward question.

"What makes you say that?" Though that's exactly what's expected of her, I want to know what made her come to that conclusion, and why it doesn't appear to bother her in the least.

Lisa closes the file and pushes it away from her. "It was either that or capture him. That's what was done to me by Jisoo. I'm like her so I'm guessing I have to do things like her, too."

I bob my head slowly. I knew Lisa was smart, but it's rare that she shows it. She'd rather hide it and remain low and hidden to prevent punishments. It's sad, but I'm trying to halt that line of thinking in her head. I don't mind her smarts. I want her to push and challenge like a normal person does. Even if it makes her tougher to work with, it's better for her to be independent and confident in herself.