ch. 07 | heart

When I finally opened my eyes I couldn't stop staring into his baby blue eyes. It amazed me at how light they were and how clear they were to see. Most people also have blue eyes, but his were captivating that I couldn't stop staring. That's when he caught me off guard because he placed his hand on top of mine. My heart had began beating from my chest that I was able to hear it. I felt like my whole face turned into a tomato because the heat was real.

"...Ace..." I whispered.

Suddenly, a voice started echoing that called out my name. I wasn't sure who it was until I felt two small arms shake me. It was Luna, she had mysteriously appeared as I had been daydreaming which was embarrassing. I also realized that Ace had turned away when Luna arrived which made me think that I didn't just whisper his name in my daydream, but aloud too.

"London... what's wrong?" Luna asked.

I quickly replied, "Heh, nothing."

I got up from my bed as I took Luna and carried her while having given Ace a small smile as I walked away in a hurry. Oh, god... why?! I buried myself in Luna's shoulders as she pushed my face back and laughed at my now squished face.

"Luna, help me..." I mushed.

Suddenly, a voice called out for Luna which I knew was our caretaker. Though telling by the sound of her voice I knew it was something happy so I let Luna down as she ran to her. I followed behind as I saw a happy couple standing and talking to Emma. They were vibrant and happy people as far as I could tell. It was clear though that they wanted Luna which is why Emma called out to her. I leaned against the wall as they all began chatting and introduced Luna to one another. I had felt a hand on my shoulder which made me get startled so I turned around and saw a tall Ace before me.

"Mind telling me why your staring intently at them?"

I crossed my arms and raised an eyebrow, "Who's the one staring now? I'm sure you've been looking at me for a while."

"Mm... Nope," he replied smirking.

"Alright, I was staring because... it reminded me of my parents," I let out.

"Look if you're going to be a gloomy person I can always leave you alone."

"Wow, fine. I'll take you to my favorite park which isn't that far from here, but it isn't close by either so, I'll get changed while you wait for me here," I responded.

"I'll wait outside then."

He left as soon as he said so while I saw him walking off and quickly retreated before he could see me. After ten minutes had passed I finished changing, doing my hair and walked out as I gave my goodbyes. When I opened the door I saw him leaning against the white fence and decided to surprise him. I ran behind him as I was about to scare him, but he turned around and I looked at him displeased.

"Ugh! You suck," I groaned.

"That's all on you for being so loud when you ran in my direction," he mocked.

"Damn, I forgot about the scattered leaves on the grass," I said kicking the grass with my warm boots.

He chuckled, "Alright, let's go."

I hurried over the other side and we began walking in the cold autumn breeze. I was wearing this warm, brown, fuzzy sweater with the same tone of brown colored boots that I paired with black jeans and because it was cold my hands were in my pocket. Ace though was wearing a red flannel paired with a gray shirt as he tied altogether with a tan colored overcoat that went along with his black pants and black boots. We had been quiet for a while until Ace brought up an unexpected question.

"So, back there why'd you say my name?"

I was flustered and turned away, but faced him once more, "Uh... it's..."

I had quickly thought of running so I followed through, but as I was about to he had grabbed my wrist which didn't get me far. He clearly wanted an answer except I couldn't give him one at least not one that will satisfy me in telling the truth. I was able to lie though I wouldn't ever have that be a choice because it could lead me to the unexpected and it could consume my guilt especially if it was to someone mutual.

"You can't escape me, London," he added.

"Yes, but... I'd rather not say anything."

He turned me around, "What is it?"

I was trying so hard to avoid giving him an answer, but I just had to give in. With luck though I didn't have to because just as I was about to open my mouth I saw Karma. He was walking towards us so I smiled and walked behind Ace as I threw my hands in the air.

"Karma!" I said happily as he waved at me.

Ace now stood in between us because he suddenly had appeared in front of me which made me confused at least until I heard him speak.

"You got saved, but be warned I'm going to keep asking."

I wasn't really sure why he decided to say that facing away from me but it didn't matter in that moment because I wasn't going to question him anymore. It was tiresome. I once again went back and stood in front of Ace as I raised my arms in the air.

"Karma!"

He was already in front of us and I hugged him which he returned the gesture. He began visiting me two weeks ago and during that time I had been depressed, but with his help I gradually became happier. He was able to help me get into a new 'home' where I met Luna, who Luna was also fond of. She was always careless because she literally hugged or grabbed anyone who she liked. Now, as I saw Karma I became even more happy because he was able to save me from giving an explanation to Ace.

"So, how's it going?" he asked.

I pulled away from his embrace and smiled, "Can't we just leave it at that?"

"Nope, I remember telling you that I was going to call out your name as I carried you over my shoulder out of your embarrassment," he replied crossing his arms.

"Ugh..... I hate that. Okay, I'm doing just fine. I was sleeping for a long while before the two of you arrived."

"Yeah, she's lying," Ace said as he threw me over his shoulder.

"Damn it, Ace!! Put me down," I yelled.

I kept hitting his back as Karma followed behind and after a couple of hits later I gave up so I began talking with Karma who was texting afterward. I knew exactly what he was doing so I spoke up.

"Hey, Karma who you texting?" I asked

He showed me his phone and I read his note; 'That's not Ace.' I gave him a thumbs up though that shouldn't have been my reaction, but I found out afterward it was a lie after Ace had put me down for 'freaking out'. While he began putting me down and having believed Karma I admitted what I had been hiding. When I did I rolled my eyes as I crossed my arm and slumped myself against a tree while the two were shocked at the revelation.

"Wow, I'm hurt. You two were texting each other then?!"

"London... don't be mad," Karma replied.

"Oh, you bet I'm not!" I said excitedly.

I laughed and pointed at Ace's face because even though I told him the truth he wouldn't know it, but Karma had already told me through his note.

"What?!" Ace said angrily.

I admitted, "Alright, Karma told me and he's kind unlike you. He told me you wanted to find out something from me and that Karma should trick me."

"Yeah, dude. She would've figured it out anyway," Karma added.

He rolled his eyes and began walking away while Karma and I looked at each other, but I breathed out that I was going to talk to him. And I thought girls were emotional.