ch. 09 | sister

Warmth surged through my body and my hand started to burn so I quickly ripped it off my neck as it dropped on the floor. My memories from before started seeping through my mind causing me to have a headache. I started groaning in pain as I placed my hand on my head, but it got worse. Ace took notice and rushed over to my side. I couldn't handle it.

"Ace... it hurts...!" I yelled.

"Shh, relax, London," he said as he caressed my head.

"No, no I can't... I can't!" I shouted.

I pushed him away as I stepped even farther back. I was panicking because these memories flooded me with pain and disbelief. I don't want this! The pain stopped, but after everything I fainted in the end. Minutes passed and then an hour when I finally woke up I was laying on my bed and I saw Ace. He was sitting at the edge of my bed as he clasped his hands together with his head resting on them. I got up and Ace looked over in panic.

"London... thank god."

I grunted, "Ace, my head hurts."

"Just relax, London. You're going to be alright and I called Karma."

"Heh, I thought-" I coughed. "I thought you would be elsewhere."

"What makes you say that?"

"Because... you'd be in rage?"

He gave a faint smile as he kissed the top of my forehead and placed his against mine. I wasn't sure why Amy would give me that necklace. It caused me pain just not enough for her satisfaction... because earlier when I was wincing in pain she looked angry. She wanted me dead.

"Ace, I'm starting to get these bits and pieces of my memories. It was weird because I don't remember seeing either of you two until now."

"London, what are you talking about?" he asked confused.

"Karma... he held onto me at school when I was on the floor, you came to the hospital and visited me. Why am I having these memories?"

"Oh god, London, we wanted you to finally have a normal life after everything."

"Ace... my feelings for you developed fast... and I'm broken, but what I'm trying to is my feelings for you may have change fast because I really like you. It's not just that... I want you to tell me that... I won't die for a fourth time," I said as a tear escaped my eye.

"I'm not going to let you die, London, not ever," he said softly.

"And neither will I. You may have just begun to remember bits, but it will get worse and we'll be here," Karma added as he walked in.

I smiled as another tear fell, "I'm glad."

I rubbed my eyes as they became irritating. It was really bothering me until Ace pointed something out that really struck me.

"London... your eyes... they're purple," he hesitated in concern.

"What?" I muttered.

I got up from my bed and rushed into the bathroom, I looked in the mirror where I saw my purple eyes. After staring at them for a while they became increasingly dark which was off putting from the corner though I saw Karma and Ace who were approaching me. I quickly turned around and started staring at them in confusion.

"What does this mean?" I said with a wavering voice.

My question was heard as an answer formed from the one and only Emma. It was even more concerning knowing that I've been living with someone who I thought I knew, but was now simply a stranger to me.

"Oh, dear, London, how fitting is this? I mean it's convenient knowing that you'll be a whole new person," she said mischievously.

Ace and Karma stood in front of me as a shield, but it became clear that it wasn't working even with their powers. They're coming back... She had them pinned against the wall Ace on the right, Karma on the left. It made me mad, though I got the hint that it's what she wanted because she smiled while staring straight into my eyes. It was changing, my eyes and my life.

"Let them go," I said sternly while walking closer.

"Darling, there's something you should know."

I looked at her confused as I clenched my fist. There's desire in her eyes, but what. She wants everything and gets very little out of it. Her eyes were also very dark then, there was a glint of light mixed with hope and then I figured what it was in her eyes that made her so different compared to everyone else.

"...It's fear that's what you want us to feel," I went on. "You've has that in you... who are you?"

"There it is! A girl who knows it all, but is every bit like me well, mostly because we've known each other for a long while now," she said angrily.

"I've said it before... about a girl," I muttered.

"You should know, that every bit of me desires for destruction. There's hell to pay between you and I that is. One way is that you have an ultimatum," she responded cockily.

I grew angrier, "There's no way."

"You have to. You don't have a choice! You die or they die, but I sure as hell know what choice you'll be making," she ranted. "Also, if you don't make a choice within the next four hours, they die by my hands as I rip their hearts out in front of you."

"You're desperate. You're getting irritating and there's always something that you'll be hiding."

"I am. Still am because by now you should've noticed who I am meaning that you should know the world of hurt you're in for."

"...The girl... the fear... your eyes... that darkness that lingers around you it's because you're Ebony..." I rambled.

"Darling," she shifted into another form, her true form, a demon. "You should've known from the start that I would come after you."

"How?"

"Let's begin, you never really escaped. I let you go because it was going to be chase after you. I enjoy chasing my prey when fear consumes them, but you didn't just end up in the forest just because. You went there because I was calling for you," she continued. "You weren't that hard to find when all you did was be fearful."

My breathing became ragged. She was filling up the holes of my memories. She knew everything because she was the girl I always called out for when I needed help. She was my sister, a figure I looked up to. Then, as she stepped closer I was even more fearful, in fear of what she might do, in fear of what she's capable of. I knew what I wanted, for her to be free. I wasn't going to let it go down like this because between us, she's never liked to kill. She always had a face that would make her different from the others. Everything about her was now different. Now more than ever I knew what I had to do because these eyes were never just for show.