ch. 20 | i woke up...

After a while my smile faded. It was smeared with blood and a broken body. I no longer had the strength to do anything. My body was weak and so my mind. That's when I began thinking which amazingly didn't strain my mind. With the realization that I was starting to feel like I was dying, I prayed. My prayer consisted of an angel coming for me except no angel would rescue me from a dreadful place. I was after all supposed to create balance among the two worlds to which I failed at. Then, it came to mind, Lucifer — the other source of balance, one who would be able to see as I couldn't see them.

I whispered, "Lucifer."

It was my final power one that I had always saved up because to me it felt somewhat useless until now; the whisper would be able to transfer a message to him except it was only his name. This would lure Lucifer to me because it also worked as a siren call. I closed my eyes as I shut down, my body now numb. Suddenly, a startle awoke me from fully falling into deep sleep. My eyes faltered, but finally they adjusted as I saw Lucifer whose eyes were purple at first — an affect of the message — and turned back to his natural green eyes.

"Melinoe," he said bluntly with anger.

I looked up, "It's been a while."

I coughed and choked as I spat blood out of my mouth. He walked as he crouched down proceeding to touch my forehead causing for a memory of mine to flow into him because it meant a lot.

[3rd POV]
Melinoe's eyes rolled back as he created a spark. He created a blue spark lighting that courses through their veins. Lucifer began wincing in pain as Melinoe was paralyzed. It's where it begun, their story about each other the one that Melinoe had replaced because of her father.

|||

"Please don't try and save me," I said through gritted teeth.

That's when Melinoe regained consciousness, but it was also when she panted due to the energy she gave Lucifer.

"Oh, god. What have you done, Meli?" he said concerned.

"I... gave you... those back... because I'm not coming back... and you'll... be the devil... you were meant to be," I said raggedly.

"You're so damn selfish, Meli," he replied tearfully.

"Oh, come... on. I'll be... elsewhere. After all... I fell in love... with the devil," I choked up.

Except what I left out was that I had a small amount of magic that would be enough to create a rift. Even though Charlie left a minute before Lucifer arrived I knew I wouldn't survive. So, what I hid away was a barrier around me that would prevent any harm of any saving coming my way because I prefer peace.

"Why now?" Lucifer asked with pain.

"You gave me... poison. One... that would... last forever and... it was... a specialty... sent to me... by my father," I said between breaths.

"And... I saved you, didn't I?"

I nodded, "I've always... known... about him. Please, after I go... don't be reckless."

"How can I? I learned about us once and for all. I mean," he gave a small laugh. "I kind of had that feeling."

I smiled weakly, "It's okay. I made you forget and so did my father. My memories were scrambled, but towards the end most were an illusion."

I managed to speak as much as I had wanted. Though I didn't give out because I gave him his own illusion. One that would bring us both peace because no matter what my father would hunt me down to the ends of the earth in order to keep me here and have me dead. I didn't want to leave him, but it was the only way we could both move on. It was going to be left for his own happy ending one that he would have to find. A new world.