The End for us Here

He thought they could make it out. He thought they would survive. He thought they could go back home together. He never suspected that he would be sitting here, in the cold all alone, in this wasteland of the icy continent. 

Amongst the falling light snow he heard a low rumble of a engine. This rumble got louder and louder until it was right on top of him. This 15 wheeled vehicle came to a stop right on top of him. With out a word he got up from the spot that he was sitting in and walked to the back. 

As he was reaching the back a ramp lowered its self down. As the ramp was lowered he saw a small humanoid figure run back into the open top cargo section. He walked up the ramp only to be greeted by the empty open top cargo section. Amused by this He decided to go greet the small humanoids. Climbing into the drivers seat he saw two of the fairies, his "crew". 

One of them asked ,what was he doing. "Just sitting out here. Enjoying the peace and quiet." The other fairy pouted reminding him that he almost committed suicide by almost catching hyperthermia. "Tell me about it". The fairy pouted with puffed out cheeks, reminding him that he needed to take better care of himself. He out stretches his hand and the fairies get on and disappear behind his sleeve. 

Flipping  a few switches showed the display of the vehicle that he was in. Showing that everything was fine he pushed a handle forward into drive. This 15 wheeled vehicle, the rancor as he called it drove forward picking up speed, getting air time over a few slopes before arriving at their destination. 

A wall in a hexagonal shape stood before them. 13ft high with 5inch dual-purpose turrets. Each turret on a top of the six edges surrounding a complex in the center. Outside, the walls fairies where on the outside, removing armor plates revealing the electronics and conveyor system for the ammunition to flow into the turrets.

  In the southern side of the wall a gate dropped leaving enough space for the rancor to drive through. In the center, a aircraft carrier style control room was sticking out of the ground and to the side was a landing strip. As the rancor approached the control tower the rancor dipped into a small path leading to a garage inside the base.      

As the rancor entered he flipped the same switches he used to turn the engine on. He lowered the ramp and walked down the ramp into the floor. "Ah. It's good to be back." 

X-X-X 

A lone plane flew across the sky. Flying in no particular direction, just patrolling the waters of Antartica. He was sent by him to find any remaining abyssal presence in the area. To the crew flying a TBF Avenger torpedo bomber with radar was boring as hell. He was just about to finish his planned rout when they noticed a blip on the radar. The fairies where surprised since they hadn't seen abyssal activity in days. 

"Hey" ,the radio fairy shouted to the pilot. The pilot was just as surprised as the radio man and decided it was best to take a look at what was going on. 

Once they got to the sorce of the radar contacts they couldn't believe what they where seeing. They saw black abyssals with what appeared to be white abyssal transports (white being the winter adaptation of the normal abyssals), loading up with resources. Before they could even get away they where fired upon by two abyssal fighters. The gunner holding them off while the pilot evaded lead being fired at them. 

The pilot evading told the radio man to try and get this information back to base, with the radio fairy already sending the information. The pilot not wanting to attract more attention to himself and her two other crew members decided t get the hell out of dodge. Flying with their tails between their legs.  

X-X-X 

After climbing stairs to reach his quarters he looked out a large glass window, looking at his reflection, he saw himself. He has light brown skin with a blindfold on his eyes with the back of his blindfold having the UK flag on his left side and the stars and stripes on his right. He wore a white, heavy jacket. Beneath that heavy layer of warmth, he wore a white shirt with white pants. He had a somewhat skinny and small appearance, for a aviation battleship.