Give me another chance

Chapter 5| Give me another chance

"Hyung! Do you mind if I ask you something?"

The Chinese male with his freshly dyed brown hair asked in a curious manner. Jaemin glanced up once, acknowledging the young assistant to go on since he was reading down the guidelines of a newly presented request form from SM Entertainment.

"I..ah-..well, I know I'm a bit getting too personal if I ask you this..but.. I'm dying to know who that handsome man was"

Chenle's sparkling eyes twinkled even more to the final release of his curiousity. He had been doing a great job keeping the topic into himself for two full days but since no one except from him was in the office, he decided to spit out the topic.

Jaemin's motions terminated as his heart accelerated from his chest while the inconsistent beats echoed in his ears. His eyes slowly lifted up and skimmed through the Chinese's focused face.

"Uh....h-he..uh", Jaemin scratched his forehead and hesitantly started. He knew it was only right of him to talk out with Chenle, who caught them in the office. It was natural for the young assistant to have this much curiousity since he was the first one to fail in separating his work and the other part of his life.

"Is he your....boyfriend?!"

Chenle excitedly stated as his mouth hung in glimpse of hope. He was expecting so much about the possible relationship between the two ever since he first saw them together.

Jaemin nervously chuckled and cleared his sudden hoarse throat.

"Uh..N-no..Chenle"

"He's not? Then he must be after you"

"No!...nothing of that sort Chenle. Go and make me a coffee please"

The painter got really tensed up by the interrogative situation as he quickly derieved the conversation into something not related, but more natural.

Chenle nodded and as if he understood the pressure he was setting on Jaemin, he stepped back to bow and set out to leave the office.

"Oh! And hyung, you will have a lunch with the curator from Andong. It's scheduled at 12 in Adela Bailey Rooftop Restaurant" Chenle reminded in a calm informative tone as he double checked the time and location in his Ipad. He nodded in satisfactory when he got them right.

"You're right! Do I need to know any other information aside from the document we made last week? I thought they want some changes". Jaemin suddenly got up, not wanting to read the form anymore. He needed Haechan to decide in this kind of matter and since he's dealing with the insurance, Jaemin decided to delay for the decision.

"I believe they will discuss that with you personally today."

Chenle quietly exited the office after doing his job perfectly and giving the artist his personal time to start his new artwork. Just with a black continuous stroke of a human figure on the white sheet of paper, Chenle already knew another masterpiece is on its way to be produced.

🍁

"CEO Lee is currently in the metting Ma'am"

After a not-so-honest message from the substituted messenger, an authoritative voice spoke through the phone as if she excelled to pierce through the man's lie from the flawless acting.

"I am repeating this again for the last time. Tell my son that to the Adela Bailey Rooftop by 1pm"

"Ma'am-"