Candle Light

Chapter 19| Candle Light

When I see you smiling and dazzling,
My wish of us being together forever seems like it'll come true.

🍁

The afternoon air freshly kicks off warm as soon as Jeno exits the door. The uncertainty of self-doubt enlarges every step he takes but he wishes to eliminate all the possible negative thoughts out of his head. He wants to give her a good impression, afterall.

The restaurant is almost empty but the luxurious decor, rich in fancying the aristocrats remains undefeated even when the seats are vancantly occupied. Aside from a couple of seats taken, Jeno searches for her with unlimited patience. As much as he hates to prolong this coming talk, his mind comes unprepared for the acceptance of what she has to say.

Confirming that he has no trace of her presence in the building yet, Jeno forwards to occupy the seat in the corner, slightly giving an overview about the conditions on the road from the glass window.

"Good afternoon, sir. What can I have for you?"

The voice of the polite waiter calls back his attention from drifting everywhere like a newly made kite roaming on the night air. He accepts a space for the neatly printed copy of the menu but he refuses to order anything. He would rather wait a few minutes or so.

He actually isn't prepared for this meeting. It truely is so sudden and whatever that comes beyond this will remark something different in their situation. Jeno isn't able to differentiate if this meeting would be that of a upboosting one or a downgrading one. His very first intincts told him to come here as soon as possible to figure out any more things that will make this situation better. But to be honest, Jeno has already given up on the fate. He is more than determined to create direct his own life into how he wants things to turn out. More or less, this rather gives him a headache just to think of it that way.

His deep thoughts are disturbed once again by the sharp echoing of the friction between the heels and the thick floor. He looks up, catching the look of the face and knowing the familiarity of the woman so well.

He knowingly stands up, acting upon the mannerism by opening up the only one button of his coat with one hand and reaching out the other one for a handshake.

The woman beams lightly and nods, accepting the handshake and brushing her thumb upon the forehand to show her sincere content from this meeting.

"Good afternoon Jeno" she greets excitedly as she locates her purse on the side of the table. The waiter follows her up and after her single nod of acknowledgement, he places the menu in front of her.

"Good afternoon Mrs. Na" he timidly greets. Jeno realises that his hands are almost sweaty from the nervousness he is endeavoring to cover up on his stoic face.

The woman frowns, but it is noticeably a made-up one because her lips are still concaving upward.

"That's not how you used to call me, my son-in-law" she giggles elegantly.

Jeno's face lit up, for the certain reference to him.

"M-mom! You..aren't mad at me" As much as his excitement grows larger in his chest, the mouth is still hesitant to express that.