Prologue

3rd POV

The train bounced slightly, waking passenger Michael Fassbender up. Fassy let out a small groan and sat up from leaning against the window. He did not have a pleasant dream. In the dream, he was Erik Lehnsherr, the fictional character from the X-Men comics and the character he would be going to play once again in the film X-Men: Dark Phoenix. 

Michael sometimes had dreams in which he was one of the characters he was playing. But they were dreams about the plot and what it would be like to be that character. These dreams help Michael to better betray the character. 

But this dream was different. He hadn't yet been told about the plot of this movie. He suspected it would be like X-Men: the Last Stand. And this dream wasn't familiar to Michael. 

In this odd dream, Erik and Charles ran together. Based on Charles' haircut and the fact that he still had his legs, Michael could tell that this scene would have happened during First Class. The two were running from something. 

Michael didn't get the chance to see what it was they were running from. Then a scream came from next to Erik. Erik turned, shocked, to see Charles yelling. This reminded Michael a lot of when he had "shot" James-Charles in the back during filming. Even though it wasn't real, Michael hated filming that scene. He was forced to stand there and watch James yell out in pain. 

Charles had dropped to the ground, in the dream, apparently unconscious. A deep voice behind Erik said "it's time to say goodbye." And then the dream ended.  

Michael looked around the small, empty train cart he had been seated in. He was on a twenty hour train ride to Massachusetts where they would start filming the movie. They would start filming in a week but the producers wanted everyone there the week before. 

Fassy looked around and spotted his bag in the seat next to him. He started to dig through his bag and found his phone. The time read 1:01 in the morning. Michael huffed. The train would get to Massachusetts at 3:42 am. 

Time passed slowly. Michael didn't bother going back to sleep. His mind was stuck on his dream. Could it mean anything? No. It couldn't. It was just a dream. Those characters are fake! 

The actor was wearing a black sweater and jeans. His hat and glasses were sitting on his bag and had been moved to the seat next to the bag. The train cart had five rows of three seats on each side. Michael sat next to the window, watching the world pass by. 

Eventually, the train slowed to a pause at Michael's stop. Michael stood up, put his glasses and hat, grabbed his stuff and left. 

It was dark out, the sun still not awake. Michael exited the train station and looked around Boston. He pulled out his phone. He hits the 'Simon Kinberg' text contact. He scrolled up through the messages and found the text message he was looking for. 

Simon was the director of the movie and a friend to Michael.

He found the address of the filming sight and the trailer park he would be staying along with everyone else. 

Michael looked around. There streets were quiet for a city. A few cars roamed the streets. He spotted a parked taxi and ran up to it. The window to the passenger seat was opened and the driver was using his phone to pass time. He looked up when he saw Michael come up to him. 

"Hello." The driver greeted politely. "Need a ride?" Michael nodded. "Please." He gave the driver the address and hopped into the back. 

Michael had a back back over his shoulder and a suitcase in his hand. The driver started the car up once Michael was settled in. 

"So. Do you mind me asking what you are doing? You have bags. Visiting or returning?" The driver asked Michael.

"Visiting. I have a project for my work that I have to do here." Michael said. The driver gave a nod, his eyes still on the road. "What do you do for work?" The driver asked. Curious driver. Maybe he knows-

Michael sighed softly. "Business man." He lied. The driver nodded once more. 

The rest of the ride was silent. 

//Trigger warning of violence. GO TO THE NEXT CHAPTER IF YOU ARE NOT GOOD WITH FIGHTS OR GORE.\\

Something caught Michael's eye as he rode down the street in the taxi. A smaller man was being nailed by a rather buff, larger man. Michael jumped forward so he could talk to the driver. "Could you pull over here?" He asked. The driver nodded. 

Michael thanked him and quickly gave him the money. Michael jumped out of the car with his bags. The car had stopped on the opposite side of the road from where the fight was happening. Michael told the taxi driver to leave. 

The driver obeyed and drove off. 

Michael crosses the road. "Hey." He called. The bigger man looked over. The small one looked about seventeen. "Leave him alone." 

The older man looked at Michael with disgust. "How about no?" Michael steps closer to him. The man ignores Michael and swipes at the teen again, knocking him to the ground. 

Michael's fist tightened. Without thinking, his fist flew at the man and hit him in the face. Michael just had to imagine it was the Punching Game Intensified. The man cowered for a second, his hand over his cheek where Michael had struck him. 

Then the man hit Michael back, with way more force than Michael had. Michael let out a yelp when a fist hit his eyes. The man was about to strike the actor again but Michael's hand flew out to stop him.

The man's arm stopped mid-swing. A watch- most likely a stolen one- was keeping the man from striking. 

Michael looked at the teen. "Run." He said. The boy nodded and ran away. Michael moved his hand away and the mysterious grip on the watch disappeared. Michael looked at his hand. Did he do that? 

Seeing Michael's distraction, the man took the chance and kicked Michael hard. Twice. "Freak." The man said before turning and leaving. 

Michael stumbles back and leans against the wall of a building. He slid down into a ball. Michael let the tears fall. All he felt was pain. And confusion. 

Hours passed before Michael could even stand. The sun had risen. In that time, Michael was convinced he had somehow stopped the man by his watch. He needed to talk to someone. And soon. 

Michael would get calls on his phone during the time that he spent just sitting there. He ignored them. Eventually, he heard a few voices calling his name. Michael was resting his eyes, trying to ignore the pain that still was eating him up inside. His head rested against his chest. 

"Michael?" A woman's voice.

"Over here! I found him!" A man's voice. 

"Thank god." Another woman's voice. 

Two hands grabbed Michael's shoulders. "Mike-?" Michael opened his eyes to see the figure of Nick Hoult crouching in front of him. 

Two females stood over Nick's shoulder. Jennifer Lawrence and Alexandra Shipp. "Oh my god. Michael. What happened?" Michael shakes his head. 

"We need to get you to a hospital." Jen says. Michael shakes his head again. "We are going to back to the trailers and get you checked out tomorrow, then." Nick says. 

Michael nods after a second. 

Nick helps Michael to stand up. And together, the four actors make their way back to the group of trailers. Luckily, the filming cite and the large assembly of trailers was only two roads away.