28 - Their World

The world begins to fade out and Michael quickly takes James' hand. The scenery around them goes white before fading into a woodsy area. They turn together in a circle, trying to find out where exactly they are. 

Michael immediately regrets not grabbing his sword before this happened. It could have really come in handy if they were to get attacked the first second they go into Charles and Erik's world. 

Charles? Where are you? James calls out telepathically. 

Turn around was the response. 

Slowly and almost dramatically, James turned, pulling Michael with him. And there, right in front of them, was nothing.

Other way. 

Fassavoy turn the other way. A man stands in the shadows. Even without much light, one would be able to tell that the man was tired. Charles stepped out from the shadows. He stood about an inch shorter than James (he's a small boi) and his hair was the same shade as McAvoy's. Charles' eyes shined brightly even in the dark atmosphere. The brown locks of hair that were on his head were messy and dirty. His clothes were baggy, old, dirty and a bit torn up. He looked like he was starving and weak, yet he stood up tall and with confidence. 

"Nice to finally meet you two." Charles' voice was even more British and posh than his mental voice that he used for telepathy. "As much as I would love to sit down with a cup of tea and discuss everything, we have a Magneto to catch. And fast, before Erik does anything he would regret if he were his real self." Charles wants to get right to business. 

"How do we stop him?" James asks, speaking first of the two men that come from our world. 

Charles looks directly at James. "We get Onslaught out of my- we get Onslaught out of Erik. Onslaught should turn into a psionic energy. From there, we find ways to destroy the energy until Onslaught is no more."  

"How are we supposed to do that?" 

"That's the thing we need to figure out," Charles responds to Michael. 

There was a short silence as the three men thought. James was the one who spoke first. "We just have to get him out of Erik's body, right?" 

Charles nods. "I know Onslaught is in him, but please don't hurt Erik too much." 

Michael, who noticed that his and James' relationship was similar to Charles and Erik's relationship, pulled James' hand gently to Michael's own face to show that he understood that Charles cared about Erik. "We will do our best not to hurt Erik." 

"So, then we could just pretend to offer ourselves to Onslaught and then get out of the way before it possesses us," James suggested. 

"Onslaught doesn't work that way. He's like a disease. He spreads." Charles' voice was sad. 

Michael spoke next with both hesitation and question in the way he spoke. "Would me and James be considered mutants? Onslaught can only transfer to others if they are mutant, right?" 

Charles' eyes widened a bit as he saw what Michael was suggesting. "I- you guys would not be considered mutants."

"So Onslaught would not be able to 'possess' us, even with our powers," Michael says. 

"Correct," Charles responds. 

"Charles? What are half-mutants?" James asks, looking at Charles.

Both Michael and Charles turn to James. Charles' expression is one that teetered on the edge of being surprised. Michael just looked confused. Poor Fassy wasn't a telepath and felt like sometimes he had no fucking clue what was going on. 

"Half-mutants... are the ones with powers but the ones who don't have the X Gene." Charles says. James doesn't look convinced, but he nods. Charles keeps looking at James. 

//he looks at me and I look at him and he looks at me and I look at hiiimmmm. I've been watching too many x-men crack videos, smh\\

"I didn't feel you inside my head," Charles says. 

James only shrugs. Charles drops the subject but keeps the thought deep inside that weirdly mazed mind of his. There was stuff that needed to be done. Stuff that did not involve wondering how James McAvoy, a mostly untrained half-fucking-mutant, could slip into Charles Xavier's mind while Xavier had a mind shield up. 

"Wait, so, we could go up to Onslaught and say 'I volunteer as tribute' or something, and then Onslaught tries to possess us and can't. Maybe then, he'll leave Erik's body in frustration, and we get him front there?" Michael suggests. 

Charles and James both nod. 

"Sounds like a plan."