15 - Pryde and Page

I looked down at my phone in confusion. The next thing that popped up was an address. Next to the address was more text. "Come ASAP. I may sound crazy but you and James McAvoy are in danger."

I stood up after placing James on the ground to quickly text Ellen back with both of my hands. 

My message was deleted and re-written a few times. "We know what's happening already. James.. he's hurt and he needs help" was one of the things I deleted. 

I ended up sending a simple "we're on our way." It was enough to tell her that I was already with James. 

My fingers moved quickly over the small screen of my phone as I typed Ellen's current address into my phone on maps. Maps set up a route on how to get there. It was a five minute walk. I could make it here in less if I hurried. 

3rd POV

Michael slid his phone into his pants' pocket. "Bring Chris to the road outside. Make sure the ambulance can get to him. I want both of you to go with him to the hospital. It might be dangerous out and about right now. Do not go back to set. Text Simon when you get a chance and tell him what's happening. Tell him that me and James might not come back to set for a while. Filming will have to wait." His voice was strong and confident. 

But that's not what Michael felt. Fassbender was, truthfully, scared out of his whits. James was unconscious. Death was chasing them in a maze, no one knew if they were able to escape or if Death catches Michael, James, and their friends first. 

"I have a safe spot to bring James to. Don't follow us and don't come looking for us. We'll find you when it's time." 

Kris and Sadie nodded. Each girl took one of Chris' arms and hoisted him up together. The two walked Chris downstairs and outside, ready for an ambulance to pick them up. 

Michael looked down at James. How was he supposed to do this? 

With a small blush that really shouldn't be there, Michael picked James up bridal style because that was the easiest form of traveling in this situation. One of Michael's hands pushed James' head against his chest. Michael was really worried about James. 

Not a single person in this universe knew anything about what was really happening to Michael. And everyone that had been in contact with Michael and James in other worlds were unhelpful. 

Michael had hoped for a regular filming season where he, James, Nick, and maybe Jen would go out and buy or make something to amuse themselves. And then they would annoy the shit out of everyone else, because that's how they got through the filming sessions that took place with this cast and crew. But, no. That's not what's happening. 

Fassy made it outside and said goodbye to Sadie and Kris. The sun was bright and it was a bit sticky out. Not the best weather, Michael thought. 

He reached a corner and turned right. Michael hoped the ambulance wasn't going to see Michael holding an unconscious James. And he really hoped no one noticed him. Michael was able to take out his phone and hold James at the same time. 

Michael walked relatively fast and he tried his best not to drop his phone. Or James for that matter. Maps led Michael to a nice house that was on the bigger side. Especially for living right next to a large city. Michael checked Maps and checked the address to make sure it matched. 

It did. 

Looking left and then looking right, Michael made his way up to the front door of the house. There was a doorbell. So he did what a normal person would do and pushed the button. Immediately, that was a lot of noise from inside the house. 

Ellen opened the door after two seconds. Her eyes widened slightly at the sight of the two men and then beckoned them inside. 

Ellen Page had her black hair tied back into a ponytail. She looked pretty tired and there were bags under her eyes. She wore a black sweatshirt that lacked a hood and dark pants. Her sweatshirt was placed over a grey-blue shirt. 

"Can I guess you already know what I want to talk to you about?" She asked rubbing her neck a bit, glancing at James. 

"Is it about how me and James suddenly gained the characters we play in a fiction universe's powers? Then yes." Michael said that before shutting his mouth tightly, realizing if Ellen didn't know about this (which she probably didn't) Michael had just put ANOTHER person in danger. 

Ellen crosses her arms. 

"Exactly that. Apparently it's just us three who has received our characters' mutations.  Am I correct?" Michael nods. 

"Meaning: either our characters are the only ones able to do this or our characters are the only ones in danger." Ellen steps aside to let Michael in. She motioned to a couch. "Best put him there." 

Ellen and Michael never really got a lot of time to work together as Michael didn't have much-any screen time with the future X-Men characters, which involved Page's character Kitty Pride. 

Michael looked at Ellen. "Why do I sense a "but" coming up?" He asked her. 

"But, my character, Kitty, has a few tricks up her sleeve. Including, trading consciousness with me and my place in this world. Or minds our connected and she has found a way to communicate. She is the only one who can do this naturally." 

Ellen glances at James again. "But she believes she can help others jump to different universes without having a double there. A double being like someone who you are mentally connected to."

"If I remember from the comics... there's a world-universe where a person's subconscious goes when they get knocked out or something like that."

Ellen nods. "Right. The Astral Plane. Where Xavier and Apocalypse fought in X-Men; Apocalypse."

"So... I can get James out of there?" Michael asks. 

"If. You don't get stuck there by whoever is holding him there, yes." 

//A/N: also. I usually don't do this, but thanks for 400 reads. 400 in maybe a month for something I thought wasn't going to get very far, is like... amazing!! Thank you!!!!!!